is this to do with pregnancy??

MissGobby

Reaction score
if i dont eat like....every hour or so i feel extremely weak and shaky and faint, its as if i havent ate in hours and hours, say if i skipped breakfast and dinner, its awful and makes me feel poorly - do you think its pregnancy related?!? :hug:

I think you need to eat regularly for you AND your baby sweetheart otherwise you are going to feel those symptoms.. your body is using lots of energy now its pregnant and so therefore you need to make sure you eat healthily but regularly.. don't skip meals babe you will pay for it xxxxx

yes hun it will be you need lots of high energy foods right now, have u been to docs yet?

Could be. Check with your doctor. And eat lots :D I have had times when I truly seemed to be a bottomless pit for food (like what you are describing). :hug: :hug: :hug:

I am going to repeat the quote from "What to Expect..." here as I think it is relevant:

A pregnant body at rest is working harder / using more energy than a non-pregnant body climbing a mountain.

Of course you need more food! :hug:

I'd say its your body coping with being PG so listen to it :) Nibble away on what you can manage.

I used to munch carrot sticks, apple slices and bananas. Also digestive biscuits and ginger nuts (which helped with the nausea a bit)

Sherlock said:
I'd say its your body coping with being PG so listen to it :) Nibble away on what you can manage.

I used to munch carrot sticks, apple slices and bananas. Also digestive biscuits and ginger nuts (which helped with the nausea a bit)

I've heard this too. Ginger biscuits are apparently really good for nausea!

Yeah, I felt really faint at around 7/8 weeks and again recently. I think its to do with iron or something? Mention this at your doc appointment today he might be able to help more :hug:

Like the others have said, your body is on overload while you're pregnant, especially in the first and last tri! Ah dear, at least we get a break in 2nd tri I guess! xx

I'd def say yes......if I don't eat in every couple of hours or so I feel really neauseas, dizzy and lightheaded like I'm going to pass out.

I have a pregnant friend and when I told her I was getting a lot of dizzy spells she said 'I bet you get it when you're hungry' I realised that that's the only time I get it so I try to eat little and often now and it's calmed down loads.

I get it when I first wake up now because I haven't eaten for a while so i have to have breakfast straight away, a snack at 10:30, lunch at 1, snack at 3:45, dinner by 7 and a couple of buiscuits before bed around 10pm

by doing that I've pretty much cut it out and now if I feel a bit dizzy I just get something to eat and it goes away

Yes id say this is definatly to do with pregnancy. i feel exactly the same.
i can eat a huge meal and then an hour later be absolutely starving again and feel like i haven't eaten all day. in my experience the best thing to do is eat little and often, even if its just a sandwich or a bowl of cereal or a peice of fruit, ive found this is the best way to make sure i always have food in my system. i hope this helps, hope your pregnancy is going well. take care xx :)

i agree with the others, eat something ANYTHING you can...

Can I also suggest you buy some preggie books? They put my mind at ease and gave me some much info i didnt even know!!

xx

:hug:

This was one of my earliest symptoms, it was the only way I could stop myself feeling sick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back