Is This Teething?

DebbieM

Reaction score
Luke's been unsettled for a week now. Of course, the HV has more or less told me to wean him. I don't think he needs to be just yet so am going to try and hold out for 6 months.

I *think* it could be teething. He has been really chomping on things on the left side of his mouth and when I put my finger in to feel his gums, he really bites down hard on it, whereas before he would just try and suck it.

Ive given him some Ashton and Parsons powders tonight but afterwards he went crazy and wouldnt stop screaming like he used to in the colic days so I resorted to Calpol. Within 5 minutes he had calmed down and has been asleep since (about an hour now).

Does it sound like he might be teething?

Sounds like teething to me Debbie. Daniel has been teething for a few weeks now. I too am giving him those powders which do seem to help. He also has been biting down on one of those teethers that you pop into the fridge. Bonjela (sugar free) seems to help him too.
Our 'tiny' babies are growing aren't they! :D

sounds like teething to me too hon - connor's been particularly upset by his 2nd tooth - lots of crying and screaming with half hearted apologetic smiles :( :( not to mention the litres of dribble...

bonjela has been good, and his teething necklace, and sophie giraffe.

poor luke, hope he feels better soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

He slept great last night after the calpol and this morning is back to himself.

Need a teething necklace. Fizzy Melon have been out of stock on the one I want for ages though :(

The calpol version of ibroprufen (sp?) works well for Ted as it actually works on the area, also Nelsons Teetha powders are good, i find them better than A&P. Ted has two lumps at the bottom and is forever dribbling and chewing. I have started very slowly weaning him, just on baby rice till he is 6 months and have to say, he does seem better...how it solves teething issues i have no idea :think: but he is definitely better in himself :cheer: He also chews madly on the spoon...which relieves his teeth :)

Green Bean's teeth are having another spurt (the slowest teether in history my boy :lol: ) and it's just drool drool drool. Thankfully he's quite laid back so apart from the drool and biting everything (my poor nips!) he's not too fussed (she says, desperately touching all the wood in the house).
Like Anna's Ted, Green Bean loooooves chewing on his spoon when he has his solid meal. Maybe that's worth a try, you have to supervise as they enjoy shoving it down their throat but how about giving him a spoon to chew on. I think it's the shape that GB enjoys - his teething ring is too big, he wants something with a smaller surface area (ie my finger or nipple and I'd rather his maul the spoon :lol: )

He has taken to clamping down on my nips too. Not very friendly LOL

poor you - connor chews on the end of my shields and i just thank god that they're there :hug: :hug:

re the spoon thing - i've only just started weaning connor this week and i know you're holding out too debbie? but i have been letting connor chew and play with his tommee tippee spoons for a couple of weeks and he's definitely enjoyed it :)

its had the added entertainment factor that now he'll only eat from a spoon if he's the one driving it :lol: :lol: :lol:

3 weeks tomorrow! (Til weaning) WooHoo! :D

Think it is worth him having a spoon to play with beforehand? Get him used to it?

DebbieM said:
3 weeks tomorrow! (Til weaning) WooHoo! :D

Think it is worth him having a spoon to play with beforehand? Get him used to it?

its certainly not done connor any harm :) they're perfect chomping size for his gums - i put them in the fridge sometimes too so they're nice and cooling. connor definitely knows what a spoon is for now it comes complete with food - i load the spoon and give it to him to feed himself with :D

exactly what she said! Green bean loves his spoon, food on or not. Although now much prefers food! I load it up and leave it to him.
It's very messy, at a lot of fun and i reckon very good for his co-ordination :)

Evas the same, I just got her some spoons to play with/chomp on too, and Nelsons teetha granules seem to help. Keep wondering if I should just give in and start weaning though... :?
:hug: to Luke from grumpy Eva

Yeah good plan about the spoon Deb! I actually fed Ted a little of his formula from the spoon just before giving him the rice to get him used to it, it just tipped into his mouth, but he immediately started chomping on it! :)
And the droooool... :rotfl: omg there's so much, Monster munch i agree!! I have found this really cool bib that is shaped like a bandana that comes up round his chin, so it absorbs some drool... its ace, he looks like a cowboy! :rotfl:
Actually got a feeling Lisa sells a bib or something in her Lotties Botties for drool... :think:

Oooo i like the sound of that bandana bib anna! Where did you get it from?

You could also buy the tommee tippee milk bibs and use those for catching drool ;)

Defintely give him a spoon to play with, chomping on it might ease his gums up as well - you never know!

Does sound likes teething though Debbie poor little man, I give calpol too and it seems to settle imms down quickly too and at the end of the day you want a happy baby!

It does sound like teething to me , poor luke. Jessica has 2 coming through at the moment and looks like another is on it's way, a lady at my playgroup swears by Anbesol I haven't tried it yet but hopefully will get to the shops and try some today (if the blooming delivery man hurries up with my monsoon order :D ) Will let you know how we get on.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Oooo i like the sound of that bandana bib anna! Where did you get it from?

You could also buy the tommee tippee milk bibs and use those for catching drool ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back