Teething Question :)

Tillytots

Reaction score
James has been showing signs of teething since he was 8 weeks. Well I can actually see the teeth now, 4 of them in the bottom. The front 2 and the 2 fangs. Is this any indication they will be through soon or could it be ages? They appeared this week. He is absolutely cranky, not sleeping now, refusing milk alot and drooling like no baby has before :lol: Im hoping they hurry up and give him a break! Ive been using teething gel, rubbing his gums, cooling his teething rings etc but I might try the powders or a tetthing necklace. Is there any that you lovely ladies reccomend?
xx

ETA: they arent the fangs LOL I missed the 2 next to the bottom 2 :lol: lower lateral incisors I meant doh!!!!!

Poor James :( Sam's been exactly the same this week just had a battle to get him to bed too tonight - he was riving all over and chewing his fist.
He's shown signs of teething since 8 weeks too and they have been visible in his gum since then as well.

It sounds to me like you are doing all you can, I have some Ashton and Parsons powders and they seem to settle him slightly he's got a teething necklace too but not sure whether it helps him or not!

Lets hope their teeth emerge soon :pray:

poor Sam :(

thanks hun, il try the powders and keep :pray: they arent too long for our babies

x

James pretty much just uses my fingers!!

He got his bottom middle 2 in June, and has got his top 2 fangs followed closely by his top 2 middle ones all at once in the past 2 weeks or so and its been a nightmare so I can sympathise!

I just give him a dose of calpol before bed to help him sleep, and give him my finger to chew on (which hurts but helps him! Lol) and also cold fruit such as melon and grapes and carrot etc.

EDIT> Just realised that your probably not weaning James yet sorry! When he was teething in the early days i would hold an ice cube and let him suck on that as it really cooled his gums. you just have to be careful how you hold it though so he doesnt suck it right in and choke...

Leela is 8 months and still hasn't gotten hers through.

As for recommendations - i LOVE chamomilla granules - i've tried all sorts between all of them and this was the only one that worked for us. You can get it from some pharmacies or online.

ryan is nearly 10 months and has just cut his 1st tooth. i didnt even notice until i felt his gums as he hasnt been mardy at all!

There is no set amount of time. Green bean's bottom teeth were as you've described James' when he was born but have only just come through at 21 weeks. So could be a few days, a few weeks or he could be awkward like my little pest and take 5 months! Although i would say that was unlikely!

ryan is nearly 10 months and has just cut his 1st tooth. i didnt even notice until i felt his gums as he hasnt been mardy at all!

There is no set amount of time. Green bean's bottom teeth were as you've described James' when he was born but have only just come through at 21 weeks. So could be a few days, a few weeks or he could be awkward like my little pest and take 5 months! Although i would say that was unlikely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back