Is this normal?

hayley_17

Reaction score
hiya, i started taking my iron tablets this morning and havent been feeling too well. after i took my first one with my breakfast i felt really sick & dizzy, just not too well. i felt alot better after a while but after i had my second one tonight with my main meal i feel the same. feel really dizzy and sick.

im not sure whether its the iron tablets that are doing this, i cant see why they would... but i was just wondering if they could be connected?? has anyone else had this??

thanks 4 help in advance!

hayley xx

no ive never had that sort of reaction from taking iron tablets. I would contact your docotr and get yourself checked out.

Hi Hayley - just checked in my left over stash of iron tablets and it does list sickness as a poss side effect. doesnt mention dizziness though so as budge says may be best to get it checked out - you may even be able to get an answer from ringing NHS direct or just speaking to a nurse or doc at your surgery.

hope all ok and dont panic if your poo goes black :lol: thats a really common thing with iron - ah the dignity of pregnancy he he :D

thanks 4 ur replies :D

i would ring NHS direct but im not in England lol my dads in the army and im living with my family in Germany!! If i feel any worse ill ring the docs 4 definite.

im going to look on the packet to see what the side effects are!

hayley xx

Sorry hayley i didnt see where you were!!

yours may be totally different brand to mine so worth a check to see what the pack says!

x

its ok dnt worry about it!! lol

i checked the pack, they are Ferrous Sulphate Tablets.... it says that sickness is one of the side effects possible. it doesn't say anything about being dizzy though but i will ring the midwife tomorrow!!

x

Hi Hayley

Mine are ferrous sulphate but they are not making me sick or dizzy.

Hope you feel better soon xxxxxxx

Yeah i think its best just to check it out with your midwife.

so will you be having your baby in germany or coming back to uk?

x

Thanks Keely, im feeling better 2day... still sicky but the dizziness seems 2 have gone so hopefully it wont come back!!

Im having him over here Em, i was going to go back to England, but the care you get out here seems to be better than the NHS! I guess ill see when i have my little man though!!

xx

hey hayley_17 I had the exact symptoms on the iron tablets your taking, nowi have had to stop taking them because how ill I was feeling :roll:

They do make you feel like he worst is happening. i was throwing up after every tablet i was taking , couldn't eat or drink :shock:

Went back to docs and told them, they took me off them straight away.
:D

If your symptoms don't go i'd go back to docs to see if they can try a different one.

Thanks angiemum2b :D

I think im going to make a docs appointment 4 this week as i have a strange rash that looks like an allergic reaction on both my hands :think: the midwife thinks its an allergy but it has been getting worse so im going 2 get it checked out!

I'll talk 2 the docs about the tablets then! They have made me feel really sick 2day, not dizzy anymore but i feel really sick :? its awful!

Thanks 4 the reply, will be sure 2 talk 2 the docs!!

Hayley xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back