I'm Anaemic

oops forgot to add the quote!!; "Funny how sometimes we crave what we need :lol:"

before I found out I was pregnant I really fancied avocado, couldnt get it out of my mind so made a special trip to the supermarket to get some. Turns out its rich in folic acid. Our bodies are amazing!

Last edited:
oops forgot to add the quote!!; "Funny how sometimes we crave what we need :lol:"

before I found out I was pregnant I really fancied avocado, couldnt get it out of my mind so made a special trip to the supermarket to get some. Turns out its rich in folic acid. Our bodies are amazing!

Really? :shock: I had a massive avocado craving just after New Year and ate 2 in one sitting :rofl: Don't think I'm preggers, though :lol: but good to know! :)

my sister is living proof that those things dont work! my mum chose to use it as an example when discussing contraception with us. It was a very comfortable conversation

i got venofer infusion x 3 two days apart until 23/12. as the tablets were not working and i was on the strongest ones. doc told me iron rich foods can physically only raise your iron slightly as your body has to work to absorb it. he also said the only food that would increase it significantly was liver!!! euggghhhh!!! the venofer infusion is meant to take 3-4 weeks to kick in but it has already made such a difference. for the first time i feel a lot better and you can see my veins woohoo!!! im getting my iron level checked again in a week or two so ill let yas know but i think its better!! xxx

ew Liver?! Typical that, it couldnt be chocolate could it :roll:

glad you're feeling better. soundslike its defiantely worth nagging the GP

well the only reason i got that was because it took an anaethetist TWO HOURS to get a vein. and realistically if i need a vein in labour and they cant get one??? in an emergency its not even worth thinking about. it was the anaethetist off surgical ward who booked appt with consultant and gp. he was worried that if i went into labour at night there might not b anyone on hand in an emergency... and with me hemorrhaging so much the last time too....

defo worth nagging. they did tell me tho they dont do the iron injections anymore... i dont know if thats just in my hosp or not. also the iron infusion can be v hard on you and i felt shit for a while but no shitter than id been feelin anyway so it was worth it... now the lil feckers breach so im gonna be sectioned when there would have been anaethetist on anyway muahahaha....

i also cant breastfeed because of all this shit :( xxx

Oh hun, sounds like youre having a rotten time. Hope baby arrives soon and you can put all this behind you xx

lol im a freak but i already think itll all be worth it... and im not put off doing it again altho everyone thinks i shud be scarred for life.....

but after a really shit m/c and nearly dying i just thought all that work and no bundle of joy?!?!? lol preg just doesnt suit me lol!!! but ill live ... haha well hopefully...

how r u getting on anyway?? much sickness yet?? xx

I had some bad sickness over christmas time, fortunately Ihad leave from work so didnt have to suffer too much. Its easing off now. Very tired, didnt see midnight on new years eve :( but otherwise I feel quite healthy. Got my scan in 6 days, cant wait, Im starting to get anxious that everything will be alright, still have crazy thoughts that Im not pregnant, even though I havent had period since october! lol

Last edited:
I didn't think you were allowed liver whilst pregnant - or is it just because it has SO much iron in it that normally it's a bit bad for you normally?

I hope you're ok, Lisa. Anaemia at any time is a real pain :(

haha thats perfectly normal... is this your first?? i dont think you ever stop worrying till its playing football with your organs!!! i still take sickness tablets which are AMAZING and were a lifesaver cos i couldnt keep anything down and lost 1st 7lbs (i was very upset about that haha) but im ok now... i still havent put it back on but babys big they think im having a bruiser!!! so alls good xx

i thought that bout liver . but the doc said your not allowed liver products such as pate but thats because its raw.... liver cooked is fine apparently!! but i pmsl at him and asked was he jokin?? i would vomit it up before it hits my taste buds lol xx

yeah its my first. TERRIBLE about your weight loss, dont think mine has been that bad to need medication, havent weighed myself, I doubt Ive dropped much weight to be honest. Im starting to get my appetite back too so Im hoping this is the end of the sickness. OH got timeoff work for the scan which is good cos I dont think I could cope trying to findthe hospital Ive never been to and sort parking etc... Ill be a wreck!

haha your supposed to worry with your first i think ... apparently ur first successful pregnancy seems the longest prob cos youve no other kids to focus on!!

lol its nice for him to see it too. cos its happening to you like but itll make it a lil more real and exciting for him too.....

lol the weight loss was great just need to lose a bit more when baby comes.... slimming world here i come!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back