Feeling dizzy and sick

Mummy2Adam

Reaction score
Hi ladies, hope you are all well. For the last hour or so i have been feeling really dizzy and spaced, its a strange feeling plus im feeling sick, ive took my tablets for my anemia so it cant be that, is anyone else feeling or felt like that arround 27weeks? x x

I did - was like meing back in tri 1 again..... It onlt lasted about 1 maybe 2 weeks though. I was convinced I must have had low iron, low BP etc but all was fine!! Must just be another surge of hormones at that time.

Thanks Tracey, i feel like rubbish, im sat in work debating going home and thats not like me at all. Ive got the mw tomorrow afternoon so will get my bp checked then.
Hope it doesnt last too long :( x x

Have you tried eating something hon? Maybe your blood sugar has dropped?

Bugger it - go home!! If you feel that miserable, you will just be no good at work.....

Just had a piece of toast hunny so im going to wait and see whether that works if not im going home :( x x

The toast never worked so im now on the couch feeling sorry for myself. The only way I can describe it is being drunk and hungover at the same time without the booze :( x x

I've had this all the way through honey, see if you can be checked today or at least go home and rest. I have low iron and low blood pressure, so this is the reason for me, its still low even with iron tablets. Hope you feel better soon and its just a passing thing due to tiredness or something xx

Thanks KatieJane, im resting on the couch now, i feel like my eyes could just close.
The doctor had had me on 3 iron tablets aday since 20 weeks and they said that the maximum, maybe thats still might not be enough.
Im going to see how i feel this afternoon and if im not any better ill call the mw (im seeing her tomorrow anyway) x x

Sounds like anaemia to me but if your on the max dose they probably can't give you much more. Are you still taking folic acid too? That helps with the absorption of iron and I tend to take iron tabs with a glass of fresh orange juice as thats recommended to help absorption. My last two pregnancies I've had to be on max dose iron but this time I'm not on any - but I have taken Pregnacare everyday without fail. I think the other vitamins in it help you absorb the iron better and I'm 26 weeks and not had to have anything extra so far. Iron tabs given my tummy probs too, so glad I'm just on the Pregnacare. I would say if your not on a prenatal vitamin then I would take one just in case. Done me the world of good :)

Hope you feel better soon honey x

Last edited:
Thanks Laura, ive been in bed all afternoon and feel abit better. OH is making me a roast of Monday with lamb and lots of yummy veg just incase it is my anemia.
Im gutted ive missed aquanatal though :( its the only me time and exercise I really get at the moment x x

oh no!! How you feeling now chick??

Funnily enough, I was sent home from work early today for exactly the same thing looool - and I couldn't describe it better than you did...like having a massive hangover. Uch it was totally horrible...one difference though was that I wasn't feeling all that sick, bit un-settled though, just not myself.

Hope your feeling better now. I had a nice bath ready to face a longer day at work tomorrow to make up for today

:roll:

Hope you're feeling better now! I've had this on and off for weeks and yesterday found out that salt helps... Was feeling totally spacey and sick, had a bad of salt and vinegar crisps and felt loads better! Read that salt helps boost some vitamin in your body... Damn baby brain can't remember the details but might be worth giving it a shot if it happens again :) xx

How are you feeling now hon? Hopefully the rest and good homecooked food has done you good :) I nearly fainted at a carboot sale on Sunday v.embarrassing! Could be your anemia or could be a combination of your blood pressure/sugar levels dropping that's what often causes mine x x

Im feeling a little better now ladies, thanks. Ive had today off as i was still feeling exhausted this morning.
I have been to see the midwife today for a normal check up and everything was fine, bp was a tiny bit low but it has been all the way through this pregnancy.
Little Missy has now turned head down so she may of being lying funny which has caused the dizzy spells, im just happy it wasnt anything else :) x x

Oh hun, sounds like you were really under the weather today but glad you are resting up & hope the OH is taking good care of you to :hugs:
xxxx

Hey hun- am glad u r feeling better and MW reasssured you!
I have had some episodes of feeling dizzy and a bit sick......my MW put it down to baby position and hormone surges!.......Have got my next checkup next week......am hoping to know what position bubs is in......sometimes I think I can tell, but am never sure! Rest up and hope you feel all better soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back