Is this normal?

TiffanyJaynexo

Reaction score
Sorry for posting another thread, it seems my body is doing all sorts to me lately :shakehead:

Last night and today I feel like I'm going to come on a period :oooo: I'm not cramping but I have that dull achey feeling like I get when I'm about to have a period. It's in my back too.

I thought it might have been because I need the toilet but I've been a few times and this feeling is still there.

Anyone else? xxx

Ring your midwife, you lost your plug didnt you? That would worry me (not that I have a clue!)

As pinky says, u should defo ring your mw - even just for some peace of mind. Best to get these things checked. xx

How many weeks are you now tiff? Sorry can't see on my phone.
It sounds like babys heAd has come right down and engaged to me. I wouldn't worry about loosing your plug this can happen some time before you go into labour. It's so tiring at the end just try and relax and Keep all your energy for your labour as it can be quite lengthy with your first.
I agree with the ladies i would call your midwife just so you have peace of mind xxx

I'm 35 weeks 2 days now Amy :)
Will give the midwife a call, I next see her on Wednesday! xxx

I've been getting it on and off for the last few days too and I lost some of my plug last week, I don't think it was all of it though :/
x x

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one, perhaps baby's head is engaged then? I don't think it was all of my plug either, it was only a little bit, I keep checking every time I go to the toilet :) xxx

As the others have said, try not to worry too much. Ive had the same period dull achy pains in the bottom of my belly and the bottom of my back and lost some of my plug about 2 weeks ago i think. Ring ur midwife for reassurance but just try and take it easy... You will be at your due date before you know!! Xxx

Thank you :)
Eeeeek it's very exciting! Kind of hoping she doesn't come just yet though.
Can't get through to midwife (never usually can!) I imagine they're very busy though, there's five girls alone due the same time as me. There's an emergency number but I think I'll live for now, Grace is still wriggling around in there xxx

It says if it's an emergency, to hold the line to be put through to labour ward :shock: I don't want to go there just yet! Lol

Will try the midwife again in half an hour, I think they do home visits after a certain time xxx

Lots of luck hun! Hope you figure out what's going on!!

xx

I don't feel as achey as I did earlier today!
Had a few pains earlier but they were the usual stretching pains down below xxx

Last edited:
Hey hun, feeling a lot less achey now. Don't feel like I'm going to come on a period!
Just getting the usual shooting pains every so often now, my pelvis hurts a little so I think Grace is low xxx

At one of my antenatal sessions, the MW said period pain near your due date can be your cervix moving like it does in lead up to a period, it moves into it's downward position and you feel the dragging, heavy period feelings. She said it was a sign that things are moving in the right direction for labour? Obviously you'd need the other obvious signs to be sure! But it might be something to do with cervix preparing???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back