Is this bad wind?...Help!

JSS

Reaction score
My little boy is one week old today and for the past 3 night running he has had terrible trapped wind (well im assuming thats what it is) between 7pm and 12am.

He has been screaming the place down and really tensing up his body and pulling his little legs up. I manage to get him to burp a few times but the crying continues. I stop to burp him every ounce. He is fine during the day it just seems to be at this time of night he gets it bad. He is sleeps really well once I eventually manage to get him down.

I have tried Infacol and changed to Dr Browns bottle... and even changed my formula from SMA gold to Aptimal First.

It breaks my heart to see him crying so hard.

Any ideas on what I can do...

Just wanted to send you a :hug: It's horrible when there is nothing we can do. Ben seems to be suffering in a simialr way. We've tried infacol etc.
Any suggestions?

I found Woodwards gripe water quite good. Sam was very colicky and we sorted it out with cranial therapy, but all babies are different and it depends what's causing the problem.

With Sam it was the crying that caused the wind and not the other way around.

Hope the little mites feel better soon :hug: :hug:

I bought the gripe water but it says on the back that it's not suitable for babies under 1 month old... So I didn't give him any. It's so hard to know what to do for the best.

My doctor told me to give Thea half the dose of gripe water when she was less than a month old and it did work for us. Infacol is good but it doesnt work for everyone.

You could always try some baby yoga. Very gently push one leg up to his tummy so the bent knee is over his tummy hold for a few seconds and repeat with the other leg. Repeat the whole sequence a few times. With older babies you can do it both legs a time. Also you could try just putting your hand on his tummy area for a few seconds, the heat may be relaxing. We found infacol brilliant I must admit, sorry it didn't work for you. Dentinox do a colic treatment as well, which you might find helpful?

Hi

I agree every baby is different what works for some wont for others.
Gripe water had never worked for Kiara .
Good luck hun :hug:
Katrina

Am so sorry to hear your little one is suffering :hug: . My little one suffered from terrible colic, aside from infacol and all the other various products we brought, I found that she got alot of relief from lying on her front for a few minutes at a time. Try it and see how she gets on.

Also make sure you are bringing up his wind properly, I know it can seem like its taking forever but its really important that you do this.

I promise it won't last, we got to 3 months and it magically disappeared, in most babies it goes earlier.

Xxx

I used colosynth granules which were recommended by my midwife when Charlie couldnt break his wind, they are homeopathic and worked wonders, you give them before a feed, they are cucumber based which is why they make the baby burp. I had tried infacol and gripe water but these were far better, you need to get them from a pharmacy. they were about £5.00 but lasted ages

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back