wind

titch

Reaction score
This is so wierd, Morgan has always brought up wind really well but for some reason the past few days he's really struggling. Hes not in pain but straining a lot trying to get it up, last night I could actually hear the milk sloshing around in his stomach as I patted his back. If i give up and lie him on his back to go to sleep he wakes up 5 mins later crying.:roll: We were up for hours last night and this morning he took 1 ounce of his feed and I got 3 massive belches up from him which were obviously there from the night.

He only takes 2-3 ounces at a time all of a sudden too. It seems no matter how long I wind him he just cant get the burp out :eh:

He's 10 weeks old this week, any suggestions?!Hes been like it all day and I cant face another night like it.

hmmm i haven't really got any advice because it hasn't happened to me yet, but i can sometimes hear milk sloshing around in ethans belly - that must not feel very nice! Maybe try some infacol and see if that helps him burp. Actually just remembered when ethan was morgans age if he wasn't bringing up wind g would lay him flat for a couple of minutes and pick him up and try again - this would work most of the time. Xxx

There are things you can get over the counter for babies that find it hard to burp. My SIL had to use something with my niece as she just found it really hard :-(

Try infacol before his feeds. Or I think gripe water is good 2.x

he had infacol before his night feeds and he burped afterwards :yay: then i put him down, went to the loo, came back and patted his back and he burped again then went straight back to sleep :cheer: THANKYOU!! I feel like a new woman!

I tickle the babies back and he burps :lol: His Daddy showed me !

he had infacol before his night feeds and he burped afterwards :yay: then i put him down, went to the loo, came back and patted his back and he burped again then went straight back to sleep :cheer: THANKYOU!! I feel like a new woman!

glad 2 of helped :)
i always find that standing up with finley on my shoulder helps. i have 2 rub his back and kinda jump up and down at same time. well not jump but u know wot i mean lol

Tiny i so know how you feel. annabelles always struggled with terrible wind. we use infacol OR dentinox colic drops. both very similar, but i heard if you keep using the same thing all the time it becomes less effective so i alternate every few days. also if it seems really bad i syringe gripe water into her mouth too (after a feed usually or at random times, not before feeds). she never takes enough with water. that seems to ease any tummy pain as well as bring a burp up so i love that :)

thanks hun, I think Ive worked this one out a bit. It seems whenever Daddy feeds him he ends up with really bad trapped wind :doh: then he cant bring it up and the bubble just builds for a few days. :roll: He fed him for me at 6am and I had to get up at 7. OH said that he just wanted to play and wouldnt finish his milk, I knew he was starving when he woke so I suspected wind. Went to see him and spent the last 2 hours trying to get it up but its just stuck and hes gone down for a nap now. Seems like we're in for a difficult weekend. What do I do? Im worried OH wont want to help if I keep criticising him but FFS!!!!!! :wall:

I cant help thinking if Id fed him myself we wouldve all slept until 9 :roll:

what's your OH doing different?!

I have no bloomin clue!! Otherwise I would bring it up cos I could tell him what to do differently. Im gonna have to linger and see whats going on. Hes not the best at reading signals. Hence why he thought an obviousy very uncomfortable windy baby was just whinging cos he wanted to play. Theyre both still asleep upstairs. Im bloomin shattered hmph.

OMG thats so the same as us!!!! if anyone else feeds her shes worse. they dont hold it right or something!!! and they stop winding too soon!! and i so agree about the signals. he thinks im psychic lol. but it really isnt that hard is it lol x

suppose if youre the person who feeds them day in day out, we've done it hundreds of times, we're already experts in our own babies!! My mum fed him for me at 5am today and guess what....yup! He couldnt go back to sleep cos of all the trapped wind. Im just doing it myself from now on!

blimey i always offer to feed babies for people :/ (my friends that is not total strangers :rofl:) maybe i shouldnt incase they are thinking "god dammit"! x

I think Im just gonna say to people that they cant feed him. Id love to say "If you wanna help run a hoover around!" Im sure most babies isnt a problem but it really is hell having a baby with colic!

haha i am glad of the rest when someone does it, but i do cringe when i see someone doing it wrong. i just want to grab her back off them and do it myself haha x

Im like that with OH. I hover around going "push the teat in further" and I keep snapping "HES SUCK IN AIR!!!" "give him a break!" "take it out to let the bubbles stop".... poor guy, its amazing he bothers to feed him.

I do just feel like saying give it here, Ill just do it myself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back