Is this a MMC?? Preg Symptoms faded-only sac seen.

MelH999

Reaction score
I've googled myself cross eyed and I've actually run out of questions to google.

I had a scan that dated me at 5wk 4days, &then booked another private scan thurs 14th for my partners birthday. I thought it would be a nice present. Sadly it didn't go to plan and the lady only saw a gestational sac, possible yolk sac but no fetal pole. I should have been 6wk 5days. She said it looks in keeping with a 5-6 week preg, She said it doesn't look good for my dates but they could be off.
I know my LMP was 27/28 Nov on a 25 day average cycle, (21-27 days difference over 14months of trying) called my doc and they got me an app at EPU.
Friday eve I had really harsh cramps, but they subsided.
Saturday morning I went to the EPU &they could see a gestational sac, not sure if she could see a very large yolk sac or the edge of the amnion. She said with a large yolk sac you would expect to see a large fetus. Also it was in my mid uterus, which means it could be being pushed down.

I looked at the notes & it mentioned a 4mm measurement could be a fetal pole without HB,or something else- I can't recal.

Over the last 6days,my boobs have stopped hurting, no need to wee in middle of night, no tiredness from Monday the 11th.
Is it possible this is a MMC or can things not show and loose symptoms & still have any hope? Next scan Saturday. Any ladies had a positive outcome?

I haven't had an exact match to this. But I had slight bleeding and I thought I was 6+ 4 but she put me back to 5+6 as no fetal pole was seen just the yolk sac. Then a week later i had a private scan so again I thought I was 6+4 but she again put me back to less than 6 weeks, this was last Wednesday. Anyway I was convinced it was all over and that it was a blighted ovum or a mmc. I had my NHS rescan yesterday and there the little bugger was 10mm and a good heart beat. Like you I thought all my symptoms had gone. The only thing I can say is my private scan was not accurate, they couldn't see the yolk sac when it was present a week earlier. I told my NHS sonographer and she agreed that this early they're just not very accurate. Soo please keep faith. I thought it was all over and I nearly died of shock when my little bub yesterday was fine! They have a habit of scaring you!! Xxx

And stop looking at Google. Honestly every thing you read on there ends up with it being a miscarriage and that just isn't the case. If I could have done two things differently it would have been to not have a private scan and not too look at Google. I had a 5 day wait between my private scan and the NHS rescan and I drove myself insane with Google! Xxx

I read your story and I was so happy for you MrsBee. My boobs feel less dense and don't hurt, at 5wk I couldn't even dry after a shower without cringing. No bleeding is my only saving grace. I'm also waking up really hot at about 4-6am. That's when I'd usually got up to have a wee. But I can hold it all night now. Do it was only 1 thing is be hopeful but my scales seem to be tipping to the wrong side.

My mum said it's too early to see anything, she's hopeful. I hope u can say my mum knows best on Saturday and have an outcome like yours X

It's true when the say ignorance is bliss, with my other children there was no private scans, or early scans. I just waited until 12week.

At 38 I've only just learned about MMC. I thought unless you bleed is was good to go.

I hope you take some comfort from my story, even my best friend was in agreement with me that it didn't look good. But you have to remember they're measuring something so teeny. Even now squidge is only 10mm which is still tiny. Honestly I had a rubbish doctor the second time I was bleeding and she made me feel even worse. But it all turned out OK :).

Your dates just could be wrong I'm now 7+ 2 but if I'd had no scans or anything I would think I'm 8+1 and 6 days makes a huge difference as my case proved, the private scan saw nothing but 5 days later he was 10mm. I honestly do not have any faith in early private scans anymore and I would tell anyone who will listen to not have them. Not at 6 weeks anyway, because if you're a week wrong with dates the difference is huge.

I'm also not going to say "don't worry it'll be fine" that's all my hubby and my parents said and honestly it didn't help, if anything it made it worse as I felt I couldn't talk to them. But just have faith. I feel awful I had completely given up on squidge. And my symptoms are all over the place maybe we're the lucky ones that have a really nice pregnancy :)

I wish you all the very very best. I hope Saturday goes well, just try to keep yourself busy in the mean time xxxx

Early scans are always a bit hit and miss. My hospital refuses to date pregnancies until the baby is 45mm, i guess because growth fluctuates. I wouldn't give up yet!
I've had a few different times (days in a row) where my symptoms seemed to lessen/stop and it freaked me out a bit but they came back with a vengeance! They don't have to be constant xxx

I go from having faith to just thinking be realistic and prepare for the worst. I think I'm 7&2 today, so hopefully see something by Saturday morning.

Thanks Lou1103, I hope my lack of symptoms doesn't mean anything bad. I just worry I felt so pregnant and new and got BFP day of my missed period, so to feel not pregnant worries me that I'm too intuitive. Hopefully I know nothing and am proved wrong x

Finally feel like the week is coming to an end, only two more sleeps until my scan. Hopefully it will date me at 7,6 and I see a fetal pole. ����

We are exactly the same amount along, I hope I mirror your outcome, as we did with the early private scan(dal)! I'm sure my boobs maybe hurt a little too.

I've got everything crossed that you're scan goes well and you see the amazing little flicker of the heartbeat on the screen. I think it was in my head when I thought the symptoms had stopped, I'd just convinced myself it was bad news and that was that. I honestly now feel really relaxed about it all, so I guess it got a good outcome in the end. I think to myself the bleeding and the pain and the 'empty sac' all turned out fine sooo chill. Which is exactly what I did :) and I have everything crossed that you will feel exactly the same xxxx

I have everything crossed for you it goes well done today xxxx

Thanks, still inconclusive. But prepared to expect the worst. I am still only measuring 6weeks and a few days, not nearly 8weeks. So a few days growth, not 7 days worth. This scan showed a definite yolk sac, round and normal shape, but still no sign of a pole, still maybe a glimpse of something about 4mm in size but no HB. The scans last week showed a a gestation sac and then a yolk sac which almost seemed to fill the dark area. But this time it would fit in like 1/4 of the gestation sac with space around, looked like 'normal' ones I've seen online. But the FP should be of similar size and it just isn't.

Not been gloomy, the positive is I can get pregnant still at 38, I have 3 kids and it's a reminder of how lucky that is. On a Monday morning, when PE kits are missing, and book bags and socks and shoes have vanished and no one can function! Sometimes it's needed, the reminder!

I go back in 10 days, but have been told what to expect if it is failed, but also know some baby's play hide & seek up to 10 weeks, and twins can be missed up to 20week scans. We are all different, and just have to wait.

It's not over until it's over for now at least xx

Oh Mel I'm so sorry to hear this, I was thinking about you all day yesterday. It could still end up with a good result like you say some babies play hide and seek!! Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back