Is there anything you cant eat or drink when breast feeding?

Keely

Reaction score
I was wondering if it was the same as pregnancy?? Cos I cant wait to eat peanuts and runny eggs but someone said i might not be able to if I am breastfeeding???

Can anyone help, will i get my peanuts soon?? :( hehe xxxx

i think you can eat what food you like, but you still cant take any medicines except for paracetamol..and only one glass of wine/small beer! gutted i was looking forward to getting wasted! lol just kidding!

when I was breastfeeding a midwife told me to avoid, spicy foods, foods with a red coloured sauce, pasta sause, spag bol etc. She also said gassy foods aswell like baked beans/sprouts.

dont know if this is correct or not, I have asked others and no one else got told this.

hope its some help

i was told not to take asprin because it can be bad for baby or drink to much apart from that i think ur ok. :D

I am learning as I go along. Nobody has told me things to avoid, but there have been things that I have eaten which haven't agreed with LO as he has been lots more upset and windy afterwards. Brocolli, cabbage, raddish and orange juice have all caused a bad night!! The night that I had a curry (although was only a small portion) didn't cause any problems at all.

Xxx

I can not DRINK!!!!!! I have waited 9 months for a drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: xxxx

you could always express the milk then you could have a couple of drinks, i think having one is ok, just make sure its with your tea and way off from your baby beening fed

so my routine should be, .....

baby wakes
change bum
breastfeed
burp
DOWN A BOTTLE OF WINE
baby back to sleep????

haha haha :lol:

Its a matter of opinion.

Nowadays they tell you to avoid the same foods like when you were pregnant. Also most medicines and for drink its no more than 2 glasses of wine. Your LO wont agree with some foods also.

Thiing is, I followed all of this, but what about the people that arent told this information. Or back in the generation before us who had nnever heard of any of this??? I was telling my mum everything I was told in regards to pregnancy and breastfeeding and she look at me like a fruitcake! Said she never avoided anything and it didnt do us any harm. Although common sense make sure your food is well cooked!

i found a lot of foods i ate upset the baby like onions , garlic etc.
best to stick to bland foods.

Hi

The only food I was told to avoid was salt. A bf councellor told me that Guiness is good for your milk supply :dance:

When Olivia used to accept expressed milk through a bottle I enjoyed some wine after her last feed and DH gave her a bottle during the night, the alcohol stays in your milk until the alcohol has left your blood stream.

Lucy

I enjoyed a pepperoni pizza last night while watching the match - BIG MISTAKE! Was up all night with LO, it obviously didn't agree with him at all!! I have had the odd glass of wine and he's been fine as long as you don't overdo it you should be fine!!

Xxx

Ella's not so great if I eat really spicy foods, I also try to limit my peanut butter intake. I'll have an odd glass of wine now and again - when I did get drunk one evening she had expressed milk. Also I avoid caffeinated drinks, that's the biggest thing that inflences her!! :lol:

what i did if i was goin out(for a drink) is id express 4 chloe for like a wk b4!! then obv sitter wud give her it 4m a bottle, then wen i got in express again to get rid of the yucky milk as id call it, and express again in the morn n chuck that too, just give her expressed milk till id expressed 2 or 3 times :D

I had the night from hell last night with Jacob, he was screaming the hosue down till 2am. He only settled after he did 2 very watery poos and a big burp!!!! I can only think that it was the baked beans that I had for tea which could have upset him - so be wary of baked beans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xxx

At first with Brody I couldn't have sprouts and brocolli etc, but now I can eat pretty much anything.

I have the odd glass of wine or a beer, followed by plenty of water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back