Dunns River Nurishment ? why is this not suitable for preg?

Fly

Reaction score
I'm just gettin over a really nasty cold and stomach bug which left me totally drained and my appetite is virtually non existant. We were out the other day and I knew I needed to eat something cos I felt sooo woozy so we stopped at a corner shop and all I fancied was a can of nurishment. I love the stuff. Anyways my partner was reading the can and he said "oh you can't have this if you are pregnant or nursing" :doh: and sure enough this is what it says on the tin...

But i don't understand why?? There is NOTHING in it that is harmful.. just whole milk and skimmed milk and milk protein and loads of vitamins and minerals and obviuosly sugar and flavouring...

When I was pregnant with my son I used to drink Nurishment daily because it was the only thing that I could manage to keep down before a certain point in the day cos of morning sickness. can of that and I knew I'd have a nutritious start to my day which is better than nothing at all....

I'm wondering if they put that on the can cos it can be used as a meal replacement shake ? does anyone know anyways cos I really love the stuff and morning sickness going the same way ... am just totally OFF food fullstop really but I don't want to eat or drink anything that could harm my baby...

Cheers Sarah xxx

It could be that it has too much Vitamin A in, which is not good in high levels in pregnancy?

I would say choklatemunky is right, although not sure that would make it unsuitable for breastfeeding women :think:

Could be that there's too many vitamins in it.....

Not sure if it's Vitamin A or D but one or the other you're not meant to have much of in PG

Ok thanks guys thats really helpful...

What is it about vitamin A then? am paraniod now cos ave been drinking alpro and so good soya chocie milk and they contain vitamin A ? as long as I don't go over me 100% rda i should be alright yeah ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back