Is there anyone who regrets moving baby to own room too early?

star fish

Reaction score
There is another thread about when to move baby and eveyone seems to have put really positive things about sleeping better after moving their baby to another room, but is there anyone who has had the opposite experience or anyone who would rather not etc?

J is 6 months old and sleeps in a side along cot with us and I am really nervous about moving him to even the other side of our room away from me.

I had my princess in with is until just before her 1st birthday she sleeps the same as when she was in with us to be honest. X

Wish I hadn't moved K as all I've done for the last 2 months is get up and down and bring him in with me as Im too tired after the first couple of times!

We had no alternative as H was too big for his crib and we cudnt fit a cot in our room but he doesnt sleep any better in his room other than he doesnt wake himself up bashing the bars with his arms (now its his feet!! Lol!!) the problem is while he was in with us I cud talk to him from bed which was enough to calm him but now I have to get up!!
xxx

I regret not having her next to me for abit longer but she did sleep better straightaway as she was too big for the Moses basket. Next time we're getting a crib so hope to keep baby in with us for abit longer

I only have regret for selfish reasons, my lo is a lot happier in her room and sleeps much better, I do miss her though and can't wait for her to wake up and give me that beaming smile :)

I dont regret moving my son into his own room, we got him used to his cot in our room then moved him into his room at 6 1/2 month and he sleeps through the night and it has been alot better x

We will be moving josh in to his own room next weekend. A bit before he is 6 months old. Just need to sort his room out.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e

Hmm I don't regret it as such because I know I made the right decision but looking back I can't say I was 100% ready iykwim xx

OK, so generally most people still think it is better for baby?

I am considering moving his cot from next to the bed to the other side of our room, but feel really concerned! At present he goes to sleep in his cot but at some point during the night around his 2am feed I drag him accross into our bed and he sleeps the rest of the night there. He wakes up at 5 or 6 am but because he is with us and we are asleep i can usually convince him to fall back to sleep with just a few strokes and cuddles, if he was away from me would i have to get up and look after him instead?

Obviously im only 1 night in so prob not the best one to advise

BUT we got her to self settle in her cot ( had done from 6 weeks but had to start again to get her to do it without her dummy now ) going to bed and when shegoes into light sleep so once she had that kinda working we went to our own room last night and she had great sleep

So maybe start by getting to a point you dont need settle him in ur room too much then when he is sleeping a bit better try own room? id imagin if you went straight from where u are now to own room you would prob be in a few times to see to him x

My OH really wants K in her own room but I really don't want her to go. I like having her close and I'm still feeding in the night.

We moved LO when he was 10 weeks old and he definitely started sleeping more soundly because when he was with us we were disturbing his sleep. So no, I don't regret it. The monitor allowed me to check on him whenever I wanted and I was still able to tend to him straight away when he needed me.

It's definitely personal choice.

We only moved AJ into his room about 9months (maybe older) as we were disturbing him when we were going to bed or going to the loo. I didnt feel ready though, but it was the best choice for him.

We'll be keeping baby in with us as long as possible as baby will be sharing with AJ and dont want baby to be disturbing AJ through the night.

Last edited:
We havnt moved M yet. OH wants to do up the other room for her but I keep telling him there's no rush, I rather her in with us to be honest, id miss her too much

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back