Moving from cot to junior bed help!

cez8457

Reaction score
Ive been putting it off for ages, but kyla wakes up in the night and tends to hit the bars of her cot like mad. Her cot turns into a junior bed but im just so nervous(sp) about it all.

Kyla sleeps really well through the night although she does wake between 5-7 in the morning and i give her a bottle and she sleeps til about 9.

Im worried that if she wakes in the night she might want to get out to play or something and although there is a baby gate on her bedroom door i know if i hear her playing in the night i wont be able to sleep til sleeps back to sleep. If this was to happen would i just leave her, or would i go into her room and put her back to bed?

Should i take most of her toys out so that she knows her bedroom is just for sleeping?

has anyones children stopped sleeping good through the night after moving to a junior bed?

Sorry for all the questions :)

We moved Ellie to a bed when she was a bit over 18months. Didn't have any problems. Even when she learnt how to climb in and out of bed once we put her down for her sleep she won't get out without us. That is still the case now. It won't be much longer before she will get herself out of bed but even now, she will call Mummy from her bed until I go in in the morning if she wants to get up before we go in to wake her. She did fall out of bed a few times but not more than 3 or 4 and hasn't done for a long time

Im worried about this to. im not aiming to do it yet but its definitely something i want to consider in about 5 months (sooner if he wasnt such a wiggle bum in his sleep) I put my son to bed and let him settle himself he plays for about 20mins then drops off on his own, im sure if he was in his own bed and knew he could get out he'd go and play! i think its going to be hard to start with but i aim to tell him its not play time and keep putting him back until he gets the hint. im not sure if its going to be as easy as that though! :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back