Is there a dairy free alternative to slimfast?

Hazel

Reaction score
Anyone know? I've lost weight on Slimfast before but since then (good few years ago) I've developed a dairy intolerance so last time I tried it I got stomach cramps :( . I thought about soya milk but I don't really like the taste of it on it's own.

wouldnt it taste of the slimfast flavour tho if you added soya to it ??

Didn't even think of using the powder :doh: . I'm lazy and just wanted the ready made cans :lol: .

I used the powder with rice milk and it was fine so i dont see why soy wouldnt work.

Hazel said:
Didn't even think of using the powder :doh: . I'm lazy and just wanted the ready made cans :lol: .

expensive way :rotfl: btw the tesco own chocolate is nicer then slimfast chocolate !

Hey hon :)

Have you thought about using a proten powder? Slimfast contains ALOT of sugar which is mainly why it tastes so sweet... Just a thought?

Will the protein powder work for weight loss? I don't want to get any muscle!

I'm tall and big built anyway but have just got flabby round the middle with not being able to get to the gym and sitting on the sofa feeding a bay all day. I just want to lose flab. I avoid things like the rower in the gym as I just get bigger shoulders so really only go for treadmill and bike and avoid all weight bearing stuff.

check how many calories are in a protein shake and if its roughly the same ( 200 ish if i remember ) then it should be ok ?? i lost 2 stone on slimfast for my wedding but gained it back and some :wall: was an easy diet to do once but ive been told its hard to do anymore , which was right for me , ive never been able to do it since !

Hazel said:
Will the protein powder work for weight loss? I don't want to get any muscle!

I'm tall and big built anyway but have just got flabby round the middle with not being able to get to the gym and sitting on the sofa feeding a bay all day. I just want to lose flab. I avoid things like the rower in the gym as I just get bigger shoulders so really only go for treadmill and bike and avoid all weight bearing stuff.

Yes it can hon, Also muscle is fab stuff! It burns so many more calories then fat and takes up less room (and looks nicer) but no im not talking huge bb muscle it takes ALOT of time and effort and very consious eating to gain BULK muscle...

Slimfast contains protein and carbs but the carbs are more from sugar carbs, a protein shake would leave you feeling fuller for longer aswell.

the only thing is are you boobie feeding? If so im unsure where powders stand with boob feeding...

Not boob feeding so no problem there. I've ordered my soya milk on this weeks shopping so can get started on Thursday. I just want to shift a stone quickly as my back has been playing up something rotten this past few weeks which has been preventing me from being able to do much. Then I can start exercising properly.

ditto what steel goddess said! Slimfast is just milk and sugar with added vitamins and minerals! I wouldnt go near the stuff!

protein shakes FAR better- no carbs, no sugars and fill you up for longer.

YOU WILL NOT GET MUSCLEY BY USING PROTEIN!!! lol. Only if you are training like hulk and using anabolic steroids....... :rotfl:

oh, if you have lactose intolerance you will need whey ISOLATE not whey concentrate...if it is dairy not lactose that is the problem , you can use soy protein powder (its not very nice tho!!)

and yes you can use protein while bf-ing......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back