Slimming world, is it worth it?

Melanie

Reaction score
This slimfast diet sucks, i hate not eating my breakfast or lunch and the meal replacement bars are revolting! Plus i've not lost any weight on it after a week anyway probably because i keep cheating because im hungry!

Anyway i've seen a few of you mention slimming world so i thought id check it out online. It doesnt look much like a diet to me! I think im going to give it a go but i know that to start me off at least i'll need some help. Are the groups worth going to? Its bloody expensive to join online but as you pay weekly for the groups thats more managable for me but im worried it will be a rip off.

So should i bite the bullet and go? There are loads in my area but the one i would try out is on tomorrow night.

Is slimming world the Green Day/Red Day one?

If so, I've heard rave reports about it and worked with a guy who lost 4stone on it and hasn't put it back on!

It would be my choice too if I needed one. I like the idea of being able to have a cooked breakfast!

Sorry hon, I read this thread and had to go away and have a think.

When I did it I enjoyed, I only stopped when I started training and had to eat within a portion size but it was nice not to have to watch calories...

I was still able to go to the chinese and used to have boiled rice and veg which was lovely!!

I think you should go for it, i personally feel its very easy if you are good with your syns... (I used to use them for meat on green days etc)
x

Thanks Sharne I think i will go for it :) Richard has reminded me that i cant go tomorrow night so I will have to either start it next week or look for a different meeting.

Melanie said:
Thanks Sharne I think i will go for it :) Richard has reminded me that i cant go tomorrow night so I will have to either start it next week or look for a different meeting.

Oh the other thing is I used to do the recipes and make the same thing for the fam, so thats another weight off the shoulder, Like others have mentioned I LOVED the cooked breakfast and they are best as they always leave you feeling satisfied...

I was going to do this plan but im BRASSIC! Hence why im doing something I don;t need to spend any money on...

Best of luck
x

I love it!

Its a really good plan and you never have to feel hungry. Its very flexiable too and once you get the hang of it there are so many meals you can adapt into slimming world meals.

You need to plan a little in advance, I decide in the morning ie green or original day. I rarely use my syns as there is so much to eat, and save them for the weekend :wink: (although they will say that doesn't work for everyone)

I would def recommend going to the group, at least to begin with. Its a great support group, also theres nothing like winning slimmer of the week or getting your half stone award :cheer:
Also once you reach your target (which you set yourself) you can go every week for free.

I dont know anything about slimming world as its weight watchers I do but I am enjoying that diet. And for my breakfast I usually have a slimfast shake especially if I am working and I just count the points.

If you find a diet that works and you feel comfy on then go for it.

I would recommend slimming world to anyone. I did it about 10 years ago and lost 4 stone and I have been doing it since July and I have lost 1 stone 9lb, I have had a few episodes where I have put on like Christmas and a few weekends when I went out and for meals and drinks but then lost it the following week. Its a very good diet and really is about eating healthy and cooking meals in a different way.

Hi Melanie,

I did it for just over a year and lost 2 stone (which is what I wanted to lose). I dont go to the meeting now as work means I often couldnt get also once I knew how it worked and had some of the books which help didn't feel the need to go. Kept weight off as its not really a diet just healthy eating.

Hope this helps and good luck on whatever route you go x x

I like it :D been on it just over a week and it's the first diet where I've not gotten hungry!

Give it a go :D

Best thing is to go to a couple of meeting, get the info, make sure you understand it then you don't need to go again and you can weigh-in at home and save your cash :D

I lost 4lb in my first week :D

I went back to SW tonight after having Molly. I'd lost 4 stone before I had her and have put 1 back on.

I think it's an awesome eating plan. You really don't feel deprived on it. Once you get the hang of it it's really easy. I've tried Slim Fast and felt like absolute crap on it.

I think it's worth going to the groups. I picked up loads of tips and recipes from the other women there. Also it is really encouraging to get a little clap for your hard work - sad as it sounds, it helps.

Give it a go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back