Is my Cot safe?

nori

Reaction score
Hi All,

My dad has been up in the loft and has told me i can have my old cot (over 30 years old as it was my brothers beforehand) Now my immediate thought was absolutely no way. However i have looked at it and its in really good condition. I would obviously get a new matress.

Now the reason i am slightly concerned is because it has a sprung base which cots dont seem to have these days (all wooden slats).

Now i obviously dont want to risk it if its going to harm the baby in some way but it just seems a shame to say no.

Anyway know anything about sprung based cots and whether they are safe? I cant find much on the internet.

Claire x

I'm sure it would be fine hun. So long as the springs are still in good condition too and not rusty or look like they're likely to break :think: You and your brother both must've slept just fine in it so I'm sure it'll be fine for your little one too!

I'm using my little brothers old cot hes near 16 now and I expect that my mum and dad didn't buy it from new so have no real idea of how old it is. But It looks fine to me. Dad had to get rid of some plastic ball things and springs they were on because that would be unsafe these days but other than that it all seemed good :) Obviously a new mattress is needed but as long as its sturdy and the springs are not going to break I should say its fine.

I suppose people always say things arent built like they used to be, so you never know spring bases might be the best things, but yeah so long as you get your new matress i dont see that it wouldnt be lovely :) If it was good enough for you n all that eh. . . plus its a nice tradition to keep going i think :moon:

Aww I couldnt imagine a sprung base on a cot!? I bet its a lovely cot! :D

im sure if it looks safe then it is
my parents are creating a babies room and using my old cot and im 30! i havent seen it yet tho but i think itll be ok

Thanks for all you replies. I shall go with the cot my dad has then!

Claire x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back