Is it totally inappropriate...

we have agreed that no one is finding out im in labour (other than my mum, but thats because she is sensible and can be trusted not to be a pain lol)
everyone else is just going to get a surprise the baby is here type message/call afterwards lol

This makes me angry! However I have to say my mil is being great and I haven't had any problems! She has accepted who will be with me an hasn't said anything, I do think deep down she would like to be there but we will keep her updated and they can come and visit once bump has arrived.

It's one of my friends who is the pain, saying to ring her as soon as I go into labour an she will be there!!! NO! She used to txt when one born every minute was on saying this will be us not long, il have to make sure my camera is charged. At first I tried to make a joke but after a while I had to really put my foot down be firm and say thanks but no thanks. She's kinda gone quiet since! Oppss.

Xxx

Why do all these nuts grandmothers think they're on babysitting duty? I'll be getting a little job in the eve & being with baby all day as my own Mum did with us until my bro was 9. Again, if MIL doesn't like it she can sod off!

Claire - your OH's nan is terrible! What a thing to say, you should have just pushed the wheelchair over ;-) x

If I wasn't so respectful to my elders I would have! :lol:

We told her we're not actually naming Jack after my Grandad's Brother but that there would be some kind of story behind his name if he asks when he's older. Silly old bat! My OH knows i'm not fond of her coz she always has to have a dig!! Watch her have a dig when bubs is here, i'll sling a pooy nappy at her! :lol: x

...that I want to drop kick my MIL?

This has made my day to read this and feel normal. Feeling every inch of your pain with this person in question. Living with mine at the moment on temporary basis.

Never Again. Enough Said! :wall2:

Soph xx

Sorry...my mil has just turned up unannounced.......so i need somewhere to scream

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

she seems to think cus I am at home, that means she can come whenever she likes, but im not here doing nothing, I am working from home and I have butt loads to do
I have just told her im sorry but im busy and I cant stop so she has made herself a cup of tea and is sat in the lounge

someone help me lol

oh my f***ing god
she has just said she has put in for 2 weeks holiday from work for when the baby is due so she can be here every day

i think im going to cry

omg! just kick her several times.. blame it on the hormones! I love my other halfs mother and his granny they are great, its my own mother I can't stand.

After reading these I'm so glad my hubby's relationship with his mother isn't great, long story but they've only just made up tentatively last year before our wedding after years and years of not seeing/speaking to eachother so when she does come round its all very polite still. lol.
Its nice that they want to be involved but you just need to explain to them that you want to do this with just you and your OH. If you want help its nice to know that they will be availble but they need to wait until you ask for help.

I wonder if these women who have this ability to drive us wild ever had the problem with their own MIL's?

Maybe they are making us pay for what they went through?!

i have come to the conclusion, that when you get married, some secret organisation send out a pack to these new mil's outlining how to be a complete pain in the arse

Oh no Teampc, has she gone? You poor thing! I'm due to see my MIL tomorrow and I'm thinking of feigning some horrible illness... x

yeah she has finally left, im so glad i had somewhere to come and do a cyber scream lol
i suggest you have your phone with you or something so you can moan to someone while you are with her :)

i know that she thinks she is helping etc etc but why cant she listen when we say no to things

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back