Is it safe to have a smear while ttc?

DaisyPurple

Reaction score
As the title says really? I have mine booked for next Friday and ill be in my 2ww ...

Hi daisy, prob best to ask your health centre, but when I asked, I was told its best to have one xx

Yes at least you can then rest assured it's a healthy place for your bean to be. I got mine dine a couple if months before I fell pg. Really put my mind at rest that everything was ok before I was overdue it.

I didnt have one as I was due the month I got pregnant!! I would check with the doc as Im not sure that my advice is the healthiest!!
xxxx

Yeah it's fine :)

They go go around the opening of the cervix, not inside.

Very little will be going on down there even if it is your lucky 2ww ;)

Thats good to know as i am a few months late on my smear test so really should go this week also as I would also like to know everything is ok down there beforehand :) x

Thanks girls xx
I almost decided againt ttc this month but have done what needed to be done hopefully fo.gets crossed for Friday and with the 2ww x

I need to book mine for next month - I am currently in 2ww but too late in my cycle this month.

I will ask the receptionist when I book just to makes sure it's cool to have my smear whilst TTC.

Its 100% fine to have a smear while ttc, they only touch the cervix not the inside so having a smear will not ruin your chances of getting a bfp. I had a smear while pg i never even knew i was pregnant. When i told my nurse on my 1st ultrasound scan she was shocked i had one done while pg, it wasnt intentional cause i had not tested or due on at the time. Best to have your smear anyway cause if there was somthing wrong then that could be why you cant get pregnant, so i always have my smear's while i am ttc. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back