smear test while TTC

satch

Reaction score
Are there any reasons to not have a smear test while TTC?

I've had a reminder through and wondering when the best time would be (other than mid-cycle).

thanks for the quick reply!

I ovulated last week and BD'd :D

My appointment is supposed to be tomorrow, but from reading another post on here, it made me doubt that I'd chosen the time of the month.

The doctor's reception, just said mid-cycle - I suppose I should have said that I was TTC.

I think I'll cancel and re-schedule....

Ooh Im glad you asked this question as I was wondering aswell. I am due a smear, so I guess Ill book it for next month straight after AF if no BFP this month.

I had one a few months back just b4 OV. The nurse said it used to be common practice for every PG woman to have one so she couldn't see there being any harm done if it was done after OV. In fact when I was PG I had a smear due to abnormal cells and everythign was fine.

Funnily enough I'm (over)due a smear too - will book one for about 8-9 days after next AF. Thanks for this thread!

Me too :oops: been trying to book one for the past 4 months but everytime I started to bleed just before!! Seeing the doctor tomorrow so will get his advice when to have it done.

i had one when i was about 5 weeks pregnant and was ok so dont see why not

I've never had one done before. I know I should for routine purposes but im 23 and sort of think its more important after 25. Kinda nervous about the whole thing! :wall:

PinkPunch said:
I've never had one done before. I know I should for routine purposes but im 23 and sort of think its more important after 25. Kinda nervous about the whole thing! :wall:

Its not as bad as you think it will be. Its a bit painful, but its mainly the shock of the cold thing inserted in you! Its all over so quickly. Saying that, the last time I had one I was really nervous for some reason, therefore not relaxed at all and it took bloody ages. She couldnt find my cervix! :shock: She found it eventually and all was fine.

I expect to have alot more prodding around when I finally get pregnant and will get used to being in embarrassing and awkward situations alot more no doubt!

PinkPunch said:

I was only 22/23 when I got pre-cancerous cells hun so the over 25 thing TBH is rubbish. I was only 2 yrs away from it being cancer. Please get one done :hug: :hug: :hug:

PinkPunch said:

it shouldnt be painful at all just uncomfortable when the cold thingy goes in and the swab just relax and u should be fine.
im 25 and ive had 2 done they used to be every 10 years but theyve shortened it. it dosent matter how old you are, always get checked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back