Is it normal to feel this bad...

Dee83

Reaction score
I have been feeling so sick ALL day for the last few days. I have not been vomitting but just feeling really sickly, really hot and headachey. Oh and i am constantly thirsty - drinking pints and pints of water! Does this sound normal to you girls? How long does this sick feeling normally last for?

I have been having a bit of spotting and a little discomfort in the bottom of my tummy too so have got a scan arranged for Thursday. I am only 6weeks and 2 days but had a miscarriage last year so am feeling very worried. I didn't have the constant sick feeling last time so it is giving me a small amount of comfort as i hear that the sicker you feel the stronger the pregnancy.

Thanks for any advice. xx

Yep sounds normal to me and exactly how I felt for the first 13/14 weeks. Be warned I also felt like this for the last two months so it can come back!

Good luck hon x

Yep sounds normal to me and exactly how I felt for the first 13/14 weeks. Be warned I also felt like this for the last two months so it can come back!

Good luck hon x

Thanks hun, it's a relief to hear that it sounds normal. Not so relieved to hear that it's going to last for a while longer but hey it will all be worth it in the end!

It definately is :) so much so that we're thinking of ttc again soon and Seb's only 6 months old! Lol!

yep thats normal i remeber feeling like this and it was horrible mine stoped around 12-14 weeks but then i started being sick only once a day if not that but id rather be sick then feel sick all day, try swappers ginger ale if i spelt that right x

I've only just stopped feeling like this, sorry! Get some sea bands and wear them day and night it takes the edge off and eat little and often, which is hard but does help a bit.

This is normal so ive been told, I have the same symptons, but ive had it for two weeks now, the first week (5 weeks pregnant) i felt sick 2/7 but wasnt sick, this week ive been sick twice a day everyday. I drink plenty of water, eat little when i can manage it and sleep as often as possible just to deal with the day. I feel your pain its horrendous!!!

The more sick you are apparently the healthier the pregnancy. I'm just 13 weeks and had hyperemesis really bad until now which it is slightly easing. Be warned dehydration can be a trigger to more sickness so keep guzzaling that water. If you get really bad and can't eat go to your docs who will then check your ketones which works out if you liver is working properly disspite being sick. If you gave more than 2/3 ketones in your urine you most probably will go to epu and have a drip to rehydrate you. I had it twice but promise it will get better. You can seriously feel like death sometimes. I feel for you mate xx

As Ems said just keep hydrated that's the important thing, it can last a few weeks or even the whole pregnancy everyone is different, I have hyperemisis and I'm still feeling sick now although I haven't been sick since Thursday so am hoping I'm coming out of it now, but I was extremely nauseas 24/7 from week 6 to week 16 and being sick up to 20 times a day for most of that time and had a week in hospital on a drip. Best thing is drink loads, eat little slowly but eat often, try Burping disgusting I know but it helped me sometimes, and rest try not to get too tired, worst case scenario some docs like mine will prescribe anti sickness drugs but they only really take the edge off.
Keep strong and don't despair even on the darkest days just remember its not forever and the end goal of a gorgeous bubs :)

Thats def normal :) x I felt exactly how you did constantly up util a few weeks ago xx It gets better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back