Is it normal to feel like this?

happy-chick

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Having a really hard time at the moment and feeling terrible.

I havent been out of the house or even got dressed for 3 days apart from to go to the doctors or to have a shower. I cant seem to move out of bed, I simply have no energy at all and feel soooo weak. My whole bodies aching.

Im feeling sick constantly from the second I wake up to the second I fall to sleep and being sick 1 or 2 times a day but its the sickness thats worse. I cant eat any cooked food at all and the only thing that i can stomach is potato cakes, toast and baked potato, also can eat fruit which im glad about.

Im really badly constipated, ended up having to go and see an emergency doctor last night and she gave me some mini enemas but they havent worked so far and ive had 2 and had not much movement. I havent been for about a week so as u can imagine its really making me feel ill & sick.

Generally i feel terrible, like I have flu. If this is normal then thats fine ill have to ride it out but never in my wildest of dreams did I imagine i'd be bed bound!!

:(:( Feeling sorry for myself :(:(

I think because your nausea is so bad and you are not really able to eat the exhaustion has hit you really badly :hug:

Maybe you could go back to the docs and ask for an anti-nausea drug to help you through it?

Hopefully it won't last that much longer anyay :hug: :hug: :hug:

Yeah i had some on holiday and they were great but doc said they dont really like giving em out, think I need to go back to be honest.

Its got progressivly worse over the past 2 weeks but its just awful now :(

God you poor thing that's really terrible but at least you know everything is well with the baby because of how you are feeling.
Can you get signed off work? Sounds like some decent rest would make a difference?
S

Hi Luv,
Sorry you are so poorly! :hug: :hug: :hug:

It is probably the sickness that is making you so tired. If you are worried I would pop in to your doctors and get a blood count done, just to check your iron levels. Also, you previously posted about green discharge (tmi), if you get a full blood count done they can check your white blood cell level too, which would indicate the presence of an infection (which could also make you feel sick!).

In the meantime, lots of fluids and rest....oh, plus cuddles from DH!!!!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I have no advice but wanted to give you a :hug: hope you feel better soon

Thanks girls, Ive now had 4 enemas over the past 24 hours and ive also had 3 doses of lactulose everyday for 2 days and still hardly any movement. The last enema didnt shift anything, what is gunna happen now? :(

Ive just rang doc again..... waiting for a ring back.

you need them to do more for you for all the different problems you are having. Try and have a proper talk to them about all your symptoms. And get well soon :hug: :hug:

Jo i really hope you feel much better soon - get yourself to the docs, im sure he will give you something.

take care darlin :hug: :hug:

after this is all over. eat some dried prunes and figs..also get some gingernut biscuits the prunes and figs are in tescos i eat the partially hydrated ones there little over £1 each for a big pouch i eat 4-5 prunes and 1 fig every other day.. and its worked..i think perhaps with the green cm..feeling so bad tired and constipated has taken it out on you.. get an appointment with your doctor and tell him/her all your symptoms..im sure you will get sorted out..please try to eat a gingernut buscuit before you get up in the morning.. it should really really help.. also.. there are ginger tablets out on the market.. pure ginger.. for travel sickness they are not harmfull where as anti sickness tablets probabyl are.. good luck xx

Dry crackers and dry toast help wth sickness. I haven't actually been sick at all since I first found out I was pregnant but I did feel really sick, I ate some dry crackers and that worked for me. Plain boiling water (leave it to cool to drink) can also sooth sickness.

hey Jo, sorry to hear you are feeling so bad :hug: :hug:

i would def go back to docs and see what else they can do... :hug:

Yep, I felt like that when I was suffering from morning sickness - had no motivation or energy to do anything, just laid on my bed or the couch for about 2 months.

With regards to the constipation, are you keeping up with the fluid intake? That will help push things along. If drinking fluids is making you feel ill, try taking small sips through a straw.

Take care. :hug:

My morning sickness was that bad I didnt leave the house unless I was with someone. I was scared to even go to the shop incase I passed out and was sick.

As for not getting dressed dont worry about it. If your jimmies are comfy why shouldnt you wear them all the time. As I type I have my jimmy bottoms on because there comfier than jeans lol.

The sickness is a pain in the bum. I find that a little bit of lemonade with a meal makes me feel better. Eat little and often as hunger can make you feel worse.

I hope you feel better soon hun.

Thanks girls, Ive been to the doctors this morning and he has given me something different to try to make me go to the loo & also something for sickness.

I forgot to ask about the discharge :wall: but that has gone now so will ask my midwife next week when i see her if it hasnt reappeared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back