is it harmful to the baby to use a laptop?

Kirstik

Reaction score
Just a quick question ladies - wondered if by using a laptop (on your lap) it is harmful to the baby.

I use a laptop all the time as don't have a PC and just wonder whether this is a problem - what do you think?

by the way where is the glossary for the forum as I am new to forums and don't understand all of the letters people use for words - feel out of the loop a little as have to guess!

Its fine to use a laptop, i did all the way through my pregnancy. Just put a book underneath it though if it starts getting to warm.

thank you for the abbreviations now I'm up to date and might even use some, thanks Emma 58 :cheer:

thanx Flame feel happier about doing all my work at home now. :D

I found this link which might be useful, there is a paragraph on computer monitors and pregnancy - I have read other websites but mainly american ones stating it isn't healthy but I don't think there is any proven evidence. I use a laptop every night and work all day on a computer and I am not overly concerned. Although, if there was evidence I would restrict my use and sit up to a table rather than have it on my lap.

http://www.surrey.ac.uk/eng/Intranet/sa ... thVDUs.pdf

You shouldn't really use a laptop directly on your lap because of over heating problems. Really you should have a flat surface underneath it so that air can circulate.

Having said that I have no idea whether it is harmful to your baby. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back