Anyone else putting on weight all over now?

Julia

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

I am a very figure-conscious person and have always been a sized 10 - 12. I play netball and am generally an active person in my job etc. I also eat a healthy diet (well, not so much now!)

I am 22 weeks pregnant and have started to put on weight all over! My thighs and bum are expanding, my arms are a bit bigger and my face is filling out. Everyone says how I am not putting on weight but I think they are trying to make me feel good.

Is it normal to be putting on weight all over at this stage? It is getting me down - I feel really frumpy and unhealthy. I can't stop eatting big meals and cakes etc!!!

Anyone else feel unsexy and frumpy? Have not had sex since I caught because I don't feel like it and my husband has admitted that he is affraid of hurting the baby (more like I don't turn him on with my veiny big boobs and new body shape!))

Just having a moan - overjoyed that I am pregnant but don't like the weight that comes with it!!

Julia xxxxxxxxxx

I put weight on all over from the beginning. Well before my tummy started to show my bum, boobs, hips etc were all getting bigger! I looked fat for ages, probably still do tbh as my bump isn't really that big!

:wave: hey julia,

i have put it on all over too,i would say i started around 20 weeks. im not a fan of the fat either and i always think i look like me in a fat suit! but as long as my little prince is healthy and happy i really dont care about my exterior!!
plenty of time after to lose it hun .
i had to stop stressing out over my weight gain and i have since binned the scales because i got quit obsessive and it was causing arguements with my partner (he says i have never looked better and couldnt understand why i was down about it).
as for the sex im the one who would rather have a cuppa and a bar of galaxy whereas richard has never wanted it more! i really have gone off sex big style, i was hoping i would get my drive back in the 2nd tri but it hasnt returned!!
im sure you look lovely and please dont worry you are soooooo not alone!!

xxxxxxx :hug:

With both my boys I put on weight all over! My thighs and hips went huge compared to before! :roll:
With my DD I just put on weight to my belly! This time ive hardly put any on at all!?

hiya,
Im 16 weeks and this has been the case for me for the last 2 weeks. I've always been a size 8 and had hip bones. now i can actually grab a handfull of fat on my hips. not impressed! its noticable from the back as well. i think my face has been filling out as well but like you saay people wont admit it. I said to other half the other day, "do you think im getting fat?" he replied "i dont think its fat as such you just have a pregnant body now" :? i didnt ask anymore.

keelie_b said:
i think my face has been filling out as well but like you saay people wont admit it. I said to other half the other day, "do you think im getting fat?" he replied "i dont think its fat as such you just have a pregnant body now" :? i didnt ask anymore.

its like people say "your not fat Becks your pregnant"
well im certain im not carryng bubs in my backside or thighs so whats their excuse!! :rotfl:

^^ when i say i feel fat OH always says 'you're not fat, you're pregnant!' it really bugs me!

i'd put on eight pounds at about 13 weeks. not stepped on the scales since, i couldn't care less tbh!

im only 13 weeks and i have already put weight on my thighs and my bum aswell as my belly, i only noticed yesterday tbh when i tried to buy a pair of size 8 jeans (i was a 6 before so figured one size up would be better) and i couldnt get them over my knees lol, i wasnt happy, even the 10s were pretty tight...so not happy haha

my bf always says that aswell ''youre not fat, youre pregnant'' - it was funny at first but it doesnt half get on my wick lately haha

Thanks for your kind words, girls!

It's not only me then...thank goodness.

After having my little girl, it took about 9 months to get back to my normal size and it was also summer so I was wearing little tops which made me feel awful!! I am due this time in November, so I suppose I have the winter "cover up" clothes as a cover!!

Like you all said - I am pregnant, not fat! The midwife also told me that even if I ate lettuce leaves the water retention would still creep on eventually and that gives you the "chubby" look also.

It is just that I am used to being lean and having clothes slip onto me rather than struggling to get into them! I am pleased that I am still in a size 10 maternity wear - perhaps I should not speak too soon!!!

I HATE HAVING BIG BOOBS ALSO - DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THEM OR WHERE TO PUT THEM!! :wall: :wall:

MOAN OVER ......for a few days!!

Thanks for your replies :hug: :hug: :hug:

Julia xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ive always found it hard to keep weight due to my crohns on so am absolutely loving the extra weight and big boobs! i'd gurantee that your partner is finding you extremely sexy so dont you worry about that. I know what you mean about the lack of sex though.. i just cant be arsed! :bored:

Claire x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back