Is anybody pregnant and breastfeeding??

moomoo192

Reaction score
Hi, i've just found out i am pregnant with number 4 :D

I am still breastfeeding my son who is 18 months, i must admit i never thought i'd still be feeding him now but he seems as though he is a booby addict :shock:

I just wonderedi if there were any other breastfeeding pregant mums on here who could offer any advice to me

Thanks

Nikki

Hi Laura

Thanks for that article, at least i can relax now.

xx

Hi

Thats great your still going on with it.
I breastfed Kiara till she was 12 months so 4 months into my pregnancy but decided to give myself a break before the new LO arrives :)
Katrina

Hi Katrina, thanks. I have wondered whether to try and wean before little one arrives i just don't know what to do. I honestly can't see him weaning very good anyway.

I've read that if they still feed till around 2 they'll likely carry on till school age :shock: I don't know if i can manage tandom feeding :?

I also read some wean themselves around the start of pregnancy or about 5/6 months when the milk changes back to colostrum (sp?) i know if i leave it to chance he'll still be feeding at school age lol

I remember watching a telly program of older kids being BF still, to be honest i thought it was sick and un-natural and said to my mum i WON't be feeding till that age, i always thought once they started crawling/walking/babbling they were more of a person than a baby and thought feeding should stop then but i must admit i do enjoy still feeding him now and it still feels so natural its just the thought of everybody saying 'you're not still feeding him are you, he's too old for that'. i know i shouldn't take any notice but i dont want people to think i'm some sort of freak ,i felt the same way till i did it KWIM

I gotta admit since feeding myself for so long i really admire everyone who extend feeds and take back my thoughts from earlier ( hope i didn't affend anyone)

nikki

moomoo192 said:
Hi Katrina, thanks. I have wondered whether to try and wean before little one arrives i just don't know what to do. I honestly can't see him weaning very good anyway.

I've read that if they still feed till around 2 they'll likely carry on till school age :shock: I don't know if i can manage tandom feeding :?

I also read some wean themselves around the start of pregnancy or about 5/6 months when the milk changes back to colostrum (sp?) i know if i leave it to chance he'll still be feeding at school age lol

I remember watching a telly program of older kids being BF still, to be honest i thought it was sick and un-natural and said to my mum i WON't be feeding till that age, i always thought once they started crawling/walking/babbling they were more of a person than a baby and thought feeding should stop then but i must admit i do enjoy still feeding him now and it still feels so natural its just the thought of everybody saying 'you're not still feeding him are you, he's too old for that'. i know i shouldn't take any notice but i dont want people to think i'm some sort of freak ,i felt the same way till i did it KWIM

I gotta admit since feeding myself for so long i really admire everyone who extend feeds and take back my thoughts from earlier ( hope i didn't affend anyone)

nikki

It's your personal choice, nobody has the right to judge you especially when all you are doing is feeding your baby :hug: You just carry on doing what you think is best for your baby. He may feel jealous of the new baby breastfeeding though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back