Is an 11-day luteal phase a problem? How can I lengthen it?

ams25

Reaction score
Hi ladies

So we've been TTC for 5 months now and into cycle 6 as of today. My luteal phase was 7 days in the first cycle after my miscarriage which was an obvious problem but it has been 11 days every cycle since. I was reading that the average LP is 14 days and so now I'm wondering if 11 days is too short and that's why I'm struggling TTC? Does anyone else have a LP this length? What can you do to lengthen it?

I do have 2 children and had no trouble TTC with them but they were both conceived first month off the pill so I wasn't monitoring LP as I never got the chance! So I don't know if I've always had a 11-day LP or whether it used to be longer. My MC was conceived the first month after I stopped breastfeeding my youngest, my postnatal periods had only returned that same month, so I don't know what my LP was then either. I do believe my MC has messed my body up in some way as it seems so strange to go from TTC immediately 3 times to then having 5 months of nothing :(

Any thoughts/advice/experience appreciated xx

Last edited:
I had a 6/7 day LP when breastfeeding and still managed to get pregnant 3 times so its not always a problem.. Of course there is no way of knowing if this happened to be the months my cycle regulated and thats why I got pregnant but it hadn't shown any signs of doing so. I got my bfps 9dpo so I seem to implant early which might help. I think their are supliments which can help lengthen lp if its a problem. In general I think 11 days should be good enough. Under 10 I think they say can be an issue.

Sometimes it can take your body a bit to get back to normal after a MC. How far along were you? I got pregnant first try 3 times. The other time it took a couple of cycles but I was breastfeeding and cycles were quite irregular so it was still quicker than expected. After an early loss was one of the times I got pregnant 1st cycle and after DS I got pregnant after one period despite BFing. Then after my MC at 10 weeks it took 5 months which wasnt what I was expecting.

Last edited:
I think I read that less than 10 days is a problem, so it ought to be fine. There are supposed to be things you can do to lengthen it but don't know what they are. Good fertility books will probably tell you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back