Anyone concieve with a short luteal phase?

mrsH2009

Reaction score
Come on ladies I need some success stories to boast my PMA.

The :witch: is here meaning once agin my luteal phase (time from O to Menses) is currently 10 days which is the shorter side of normal and I would be much happier if it would chose to add 2 days to its length. However it appears as stubbon as me :shakehead:

Anybody concieve and have a healthy pregnancy with a 10 day LP?

Last edited:
ok i think i did but i was taking clomid i used to have a 28/30 day cycle but on clomid it reduced to 24days yet i didnt ov till day 16 so it is possible but as said i had a bit of extra help

This is a new on on me Mrs H , how does this affect your chances then? what effect does 10 days LP have?

The womb lining starts to break down before implantation. They say befor 10 days but some say before 12

oh I see , hence a little harder perhaps when TTC for the egg to implant.

I have just looked this up, and they say that Clomid, taking vitamin B6 and progesterone cream on your skin can help lengthen this phase?

Are you trying any of these things (I'nm not pretending I know anything about these tho!!)

I'm not sure how long my luteal phase is, as I've never properly TTC but my monthly cycle is normally 20 days ish and I conceived Niamh by accident :lol:

Are you taking folic acid and B6?

Yep starting b6 100mg last month and hasn't made a difference yet, just hoping that it has a cummulative effect and makes a difference next cycle.

I don't know what it was like when I had jack cos I was on pill and he was a suprise

ooh best of luck for you this month X

I am wondering if this is what is causing me problems. I think my LP last cycle when I fell pregnant was only 10 days. I miscarried in eary stages so wondered if this is related?

I conceived my daughter by accident so have no idea whether it has always been that way?!

I've got a LP of 10 or 11 days and i was wondering if this was causing me problems as well as i have been TTC for a year.

Does anyone know if LP lengths can change after pregnancy?

I dont have any personal knowledge, but there was section on short cycles in the book "The baby making bible" Being a person with long cycles I didnt actually read it, but it might be worth checking out.

when I tried Vit B6 I took the B50 complex as the other B vits are supposed to help each other... if that makes sense well done :D

Yes me I only have a 10 day Lutheal phase for some reason

Have you heard of Agnus Castus? It's a herbal remedy which (it is claimed) helps to regulate female hormones. One benefit of this is that it can extend cycles with a short luteal phase and hence aid fertility for some women.

I started taking it many months ago to help ttc due to my short cycle, but then I twigged that my luteal phase was always 14-15 days (I just O early!).

It also (it is claimed) helps with PMT, but I continued to be psycho when I was taking agnus castus so it didn't work for me...!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back