Irrationally scared

mustard

Reaction score
I don't really expect any replies to this but I think it will make me feel better to write it.

Since finding out I was pregnant I have obviously been a bit nervous about miscarriage etc. but for the last few days I have completely convinced myself that at my scan next week I'll find out the baby has died. I have no reason to think this, I've had no bleeding and I'm healthy. I just feel like I haven't had enough pregnancy symptoms and the slight nausea I had has pretty much gone. I get the odd mild cramp which I know is normal but it still freaks me out. I don't know why I feel like this but I am waking a night from really stressful dreams (some baby related others where I think I'm sitting my A-levels again and haven't revised, that kind of thing). I think I'm scaring my husband a bit because this is not at all like me I like to be in control of things but I'm not a nervous or stressy person. I hope it's just pregnancy hormones and when I get the scan I'll chill out a bit.

If you read to the end of that, thank you very much for reading.

It seems that irrational thinking and paranoia are all pregnancy symptoms!!

I think most of us suffer from these!!!:roll:

Its perfectly natural to feel that way..Id say about 90% of the women on here all felt the same way xx

Ah hun :hug: I hope you're ok. I was pooing my pants before the scan and am now feeling the same again before 20 week one :roll: I'm with Cazza, I think a lot of ladies worry. It's hard not to, but try to relax if you can. I'm sure everything will be ok.

xxx

Thanks for your quick replies, I always feel better when I can share things with you lot.

i feel exactly the same hon.....i dont feel too sick today and so of course i am worrying....

its all normal......xx

I felt exactly the same as you - was convinced my scan would be bad news... got really nervous about it. Like you I had had no symptoms to justify my thinking like that. I think it's because this baby is something we want SOOO much, I am petrified of anything going wrong. Many women are the same - and become quite paranoid about anything and everything thing baby-related.

At the end of the day though, most miscarriages are caused by factors completely beyond our control... no amount of worrying, stressing or panicking would change the course that is going to happen. That is what I keep trying to tell myself - that I need to relax, chill and go with the flow a bit more! I really hope you can try to relax a bit before your scan and think positive thoughts about the little body growing inside you! :) Good luck!

I thought the same when I had my 10w scan, thinkin the same bout my 12w scan but I now have a Doppler so I can reassure myself.

When is ur scan?

Ah sounds like you need a super hug!!!

I got threatened by the other half to chill out otherwise I was spoiling it for myself and its true I was stressing and it was stressing him out :/ little mustard seed is growing just fine, everyone is having different symptoms it's easy to burn yourself out thinking why your not feeling sick or cramping etc hence your night mares.

Take a big breath, breath out and smile safe in the knowledge you have a healthy little grower!xx

I thought the same when I had my 10w scan, thinkin the same bout my 12w scan but I now have a Doppler so I can reassure myself.

When is ur scan?

Next Friday (the 12th).

I've been thinking about getting a doppler but worried that will make me stress even more if I can't find heartbeat or if I can that I'll check it obsessively. Still very tempted though but OH isn't sure it's a good idea.

i feel the same and my booking app is like 3 weeks away and its still at least 4 weeks til i get a scan lol. im just trying not to think about it.

We can be irrational together then Bev, you're right that it is good to think about other things and keep busy.

yeah lol. i did get a doppler and since i know i shouldnt be able to hear a hb yet it dont bother me if i cant find it, its just fun listening to mine. dont know if i'll still be so calm about it at 12 weeks tho lol

I didnt get mine till 10w 2d, and I left it until after scan to try and find it. Didn't wanna worry myself for no reason. Once I knew Pip was ok, I thought if I can't find it it don't matter. The only place I can hear it is right by my right hip! I'm sure the ultrasound tech was on my left side, but hey ho!

Just hear in mind if u do get onethat it's common not to find it until about 10 weeks.

I know it's hard but try not to stress xx

Im exactly the same! weirdly it started when I read that now I'm 8 weeks, there's only a 3% chance of miscarriage, but I'm constantly worrying. My way of thinking seems to be I wouldn't be so lucky as to get a baby, so somethings going to go wrong. My scan can't come fast enough!! Its still 4 weeks away though :( I know Im being irrational, but I can't help it, and I'm usually such a calm person too!! Not a worrier at all. At least yours is really soon, although Im sure it feels forever away. :hugs: x x x

yeah im usually the calmest most logical person but on this one thing i dont think anyone can be calm and relaxed til its provent to them its ok lol

Hey hun just poppin in to say hi! I know exactly how u feel! I'm paranoid of everything but from reading this now (ur replies) I kno I just got to get on with it!! I thought I lost my lil dog tonight and been running around TE council
Estate like a nutter trying to find her! Then I thought... Here we go again! What will be will be! We all got to be happy and lucky enough to be in this position and enjoy it now! :) easier said than done!! I got to stop googling for a start!!

Sending u :hugs: everything will be fine :)

Ps did u take pregncare b4 u got preg? I read that if u took the right amount of vits before preg it lowers ur morning sickness etc xx

im constantly panicing at every twinge or symptom dont worry xxx

Ps did u take pregncare b4 u got preg? I read that if u took the right amount of vits before preg it lowers ur morning sickness etc xx

Yeah I've been talking the conception ones since end of Feb so that's interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back