Irrationally scared

I think we're all feeling a bit irrational. I have some very weird thoughts going round in my head - one minute I've convinced myself that scan is gonna tell me babe stopped growing at 7wks(same as my m/c) - then next minute my head is full of thoughts about what the heck will I do if its twins (despite the fact there is absolutely NO history of twins in my huge family).

I actually had a dream the other night about having a miscarriage at 10wks - so a little bit freaked out by that now. Cant wait for scan to be here so I can relax a bit.

Although no doubt we'll find other things to worry about. lol

xxx

Hi Ladies

Im Tri hopping :) I found out i was pregnant the day my preiod was due.. i was always a morning girl (sorry TMI)

i had to change doctors and didnt get my scan until i was just over 15weeks. My only prego symptom was tiredness and i gained some boobs :) but that could of just been down to eating properly from the day i found out i was pregnant (i pretty much ate nothing before hand)

anyway.. i convinced myself that i wasnt pregnant and that my body had tricked me into a false pregnancy.. i had no sickness or anything either that or there was going to be an empty sack.

in the end i put it down to if there is a baby ill be over the moon but no point stressing about ifs or buts because its not good for crumpet (if he was there)

you will be so happy and relieved when you do go to your scan and see your baby it makes it all real and amazing.

My advice is to enjoy your pregnancy with no symptoms, i have never felt so lucky to have an easy pregnancy so far and now crumpet kicks me all the time.
:dance::dance::dance:

Just read a reply about m/c sorry to hear about that.... ive been fortunate not to ever have one... i hope my post isnt taken the wrong way
xx

in all honest... i wouldnt recommend getting a dopler just yet. If for any reason its not working properly or if it is working one day and then stops working the next you are going to be worrying when there could be nothing at all wrong.

I felt exactly the same as you do. you worry that you have no symptons... your bump hasnt appeared yet and you start to wonder whether its happening at all. i did test after test and still didnt believe it until i saw my baby on that screen.

I know its hard and i know how you feel but try to relax. what your going through is completley natural and normal.

Good luck with your scan.

xx

Hey Mustard - as most the other ladies said i think the paranoia is a pregnancy symptom!! I too have been very lucky and not had many symptons other than mild nausea and the usual pains.

I am counting down till my scan which is the week after yours. I know i won't feel truly pregnant until i see the little one on the scan. Although tbh i think even after that i might still be uber paranoid!!

Wishing you all the best for your scan x

Hun, I was exactly the same. Even though I was suffering from awful morning sickness (still am actually) I was still convinced that when I went for the scan they would tell me the baby had died, there was nothing there or that there was something wrong. I was in a right state on the day of the scan.

I think it's normal to feel that way. You're scared of losing something you want so badly and its very difficult trusting your body when you have absolutely no control over what happens.

I'm still scared of losing the baby now and I imagine I'll just worry about SIDS or illnesses once he's here safely (fingers crossed).

I found staying off here and actively avoiding anything at all relating to miscarriages or problems helped keep me a bit calmer as it's easier to be rational when you're not bombarded with stories all day.

Good luck for Friday (not that you'll need it) and I'll check back to see how you get on. xx

Thanks Nat. Can't believe you are 25 weeks already. Sorry the morning sickness hasn't disppeared for you yet.

Thank goodness it isn't just me!! Only found out I was pregnant at the start of this week and am only 5 weeks gone, so accept that my risk of mc is still higher than people who have hit the magic 12 and had a good scan. I am also a very sensible level-headed person who knows there isn't anything I can do but be sensible and wait, but I think other posters are right - when you've waited such a long time for something you live in fear of it all going wrong!!

And have been sitting here all week trying to 'forget about it' and just get on with things until I am a few more weeks, but how hard is that when all you want to do is scream from the rooftops that you are going to have a baby!!!???? My OH and I were even discussing names the other day - crazy!! (Although to be fair we've done this for years so nothing new there - we still can't agree!!).

I would already be devastated if anything happened to this baby, although am trying to take the positive angle that at least I can get pregnant because after trying for quite a while I had begun to doubt this. Fingers crossed that this is a sticky one...

Thanks hellywelly and congrats on your pregnancy.

I'm exactly the same! My symptoms completely stopped 3 days ago, apart from slight cramping and slightly tender boobs. I have paid to have a private scan next week - I will only be seven weeks gone next week! It's driving me crackers, I can't get anything done and find myself on here all day! I go back to work in September and hopefully that willl give me less time to think! x

I am still worrying now even though my sickness has kicked in! its perfectly natural as you can see by all the worrypots on here lol. Its normal to stress, especially if you have a history of MC, you just have to try and look on the positive side and give as many happy vibes to your little bean as you can. We are all here if you need a good rant :) keep your chin up hun xx

I feel much more positive this week. Will be even happier if I can find fetal heartbeat with my new monitor but even though I haven't yet I don't feel panicy about it. I totally understand girls with history of miscarriage being scared (I wouldn't consider that irrational) I knew I was beind irrational because I have no history of miscarriage or reason to suspect a problem, but it is great to know everyone else feels the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back