Iron tablets

bearsmummy

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything else they can be taken with and have a good effect because my midwife told me to take them with orange juice but it kills me with indigestion as soon a I drink it so I was wondering of anyone has any ideas what else they can be taken with that break them down? Xxx

It's really the vitamin C that helps your body absorb the iron better. How about apple juice, slightly less acidic although not as high in Vit C I don't think. My mum struggles with it too cause she is allergic to orange juice etc. You could take them just with water, I suppose with adding in the Vit C it means you are absorbing more of the tablets you take. Not sure this helps much!!

I did wonder why they told you to take them with orange juice the vitamin c never occured to me. Having a blonde day as i am beyond tired! lol Thank you it helped alot :) xxx

i got put on liquid iron cause i struggle to swallow pills and had to mix it with orange juice. can honestly say i wont miss it. my mw said that was best too, as long as i didnt take it along with anything with caffine as it wont really make an effect then

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back