Insomnia

SoObsessed

Reaction score
Any tips?
I've just finished a run of nights. I went to bed super early last night as was so totally shattered.
I think I saw nearly every hour.
My eyes are so tired and I can feel myself nodding off just to look at the clock and see its only 5/ 10 minutes later.
It's driving me crazy and making me so grumpy. I'm now up for the day with my daughter.
Works becoming a struggle too.

Unfortunately no tips, just one of those terrible preg symptoms! It'll pass xx

I had this last time and am having it again this time. I downloaded a relaxation app (if you have an apple device, I've attached a pic of what it looks like on the App Store) it's sounds a bit hippy at first, but I am always asleep before the end of it! I think it's just because you're focused on your breathing and what the guide is saying rather than thinking about how much you want to be asleep, and the washing you need to do in the morning and everything else!!

I often sleep in the spare room because I keep my husband awake, so obviously I can just play it out loud from my phone, but you'll need headphones if this isn't an option.

Also, if you do download it, I recommend the female guide...in my opinion the male sounds a bit creepy lol x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 2
Try some guided meditations?

Always puts me out like a log.

xxxx

I used to work night shifts and on the last night/morning I would stay up as long as possible or go to sleep at 6:30 then get up at 11am. I used ear plugs (I had a motorbike so used those) the ones you squeeze and pop into your ear and then they expand. I also used an eye mask to block out light. On any normal night shift sleep I would be asleep within 10 minutes (so around 6:45 and then not wake up until around 2pm. Warm milk with a bit of honey works wonders too. Oh! And lavender. Xxx

I am there with you , just finished 7 night shifts and I just know I won't be able to sleep tonight. It's been a long day entertaining my toddler today

Im a little glad it's pregnancy related though I had a really bad period with not sleeping and last few nights felt like i was back there again. My eyes were so sore but i just couldn't sleep. I work nights too so usually i crawl to bed on my nights off and im out like a light. Hopefully it eases up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back