Exhausted - driving?

orangefluff

Reaction score
Hi all

I have just spoken to my friend about this so I thought I would see what you all think. I work an hours car journey from my home and I work in an office where I am on the computer all day long. There is also an element of lifting in my job although I have cut that right down.
For the last few weeks I’ve been extremely tired and it has become worse over the last week or so. I’m finding it a struggle to get up in the morning as I feel shattered as if I haven’t even slept. I’m finding it a massive job to stay alert on the drive and yesterday I had to pull over on my way home and actually dozed off by the side of the road for 10 minutes. When I get home I often have to have a nap and have no energy to even make something proper to eat if OH isn’t there. I have to go to bed early too.
I’ve also been getting headaches every day, usually starting at lunchtime and not going until I go to sleep at night. They’re so bad sometimes they’re bordering on migraine. I know this isn’t down to my eyesight as I had it checked recently.
OH said he’s not happy about me working if I’m nearly nodding off the wheel and friend suggested talking to the doc about it and seeing if I can get some time off. I hadn’t thought about this to be honest as I just assumed that everyone gets tired in pregnancy! It is worrying though.
What do you think?!

The exhaustion is unbelievable isn't it! Really it comes down to your safety, have you spoken to your manager about how you are feeling? It might be possible to amend your working hours for a short time. My manager was very flexible and it was a godsend, I couldn't of managed doing full days every day. If your manager isn't willing to give you any space I'd definately see your GP. The sick note has now changed to a 'fit note' and your GP can outline specific things that need changed in order for you to stay at work ie shortened days, limited tasks, and if your workplace can't make those changes then they have to give you full sick leave.
I hope it does improve for you, take care!!

Last edited:
Thanks megs I will speak to him tomorrow I think, if it wasn't such a long working day and such a long journey i think I'd be ok but it's really taking it's toll. Thanks for the advice xx

When you booked in with midwifes , and she took some blood samples, did she snay your blood resukts were ok, maybee your iron is lower as that makes you much more tired and unsually sleepy, might be worth checking, as that driving sounds dangerous X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back