Insomnia!

Yodabo

Reaction score
FGS!! I am so tired but keep waking up all the time!!! I gave up at 7 this morning and decided to put my washing on and tidy up. Been like it 3 days now :wall2:

Anyone else having trouble sleeping?

I'm lying awake in the middle of the night most nights for an hour....I remember this early in pregnancy last time - must be the excirtement I think xxx

im up about 5 times a night for loo but i dont usually have a problem dropping back off although for some reason i cant lay in like i used to

Oh i have no problem dropping off or sleeping on the couch but i keep waking up and like you serenity, i cant seem to lie in anymore..natures way of preparing us? You'd think it would prepare us by giving us loads of sleep :sleep: :lol:

Oh i have no problem dropping off or sleeping on the couch but i keep waking up and like you serenity, i cant seem to lie in anymore..natures way of preparing us? You'd think it would prepare us by giving us loads of sleep :sleep: :lol:

i think it is getting us ready i always used to prod molly when i was carrying her at 6ish when i woke for a wee just so she would move so i knew all was well then id go back to sleep and to this day 10yrs later she still gets up at 6 bright as a button

ha Serenity thats so funny, what does Molly think about that now!!!

I think it's half natures way and half excitement !!!

Hope you get some more sleep Yobado, at least if you don't your house will be sparkling clean!

I keep having to get up needing a wee during the night. I knew that would be a problem in the later stages but didn't expect that to happen so quickly!

I am such an insomniac too. I have had that restless leg syndrome and it feels like electric currents going up and down my legs. And when it's not that then I can't switch my mind off. There's no winning :-(

I keep waking up through the night, not for the loo, but because I am worried about sleeping on my tummy. I am also uncomfortable on my side as it feels like my tummy is pulling. I am however up at 6am every morning for a pee.. xx

Last edited:
I'm not pg at the moment but when I carried Evie insomnia was something I had all the time. I also got restless leg syndrome too. I think it might be natures way of getting you ready for less sleep once baby comes!!

I found a pregnancy pillow that really helped. It doesn't help when you wake at 2am and can't go back to sleep, but it certainly made me more comfortable and supports your bump so it helps in that way as I was also worried I would roll over etc as I normally sleep on my tummy.

Here's a link to it if you want to have a look, might help someone :)

http://www.pregnancypillow.co.uk/Dr...095_p_4.html?gclid=CPqB5dOj66ACFYcA4wodgBuVGQ

I might get one if those pillows, they look so comfy!

Well I had a much needed nap earlier and feel loads better..had to really, hubs is out and he wants me to take friends home later so god knows what that will be...he'll feel the wrath if Its after midnight though!!

Well I started reading this post and thought 'oh, I never have a problem sleeping', and now here I am, soo tired I could cry (or punch someone in the face), but can't sleep!! Argh!

Yup! Went to bed at 11.30 ish I think...slept till about 2am. tossed and turned, woke up and couldnt get back to sleep at 4.15 and finally gave in and got up about half hour ago!

Not sure if it worrying, excitment, early days symptoms or a mix of all of them...but so tired!

Wake up people its lonely out here! lol xxx

Blimey I had no idea there was a name for that leg thing I get !! I don't get it at the moment, but had it a few weeks ago! Have had it on and off since I was little , no idea it was an actual thing, rather then just me being funny. thanks girls

Just looked it up and it says can get worse or come back in pregnancy, and 20% of the people that get it have low iron! Well I was pregnant recently and after MC had a transfusion and then low iron, so I wonder if that was why it was back for a bit this time.

Thank you for this post - that explains alot

agh, restless legs are awful, I always get them when I'm tired, and it's definitely got worse since getting pregnant! I had trouble sleeping at night for around 6-12 weeks of pregnancy, but found it very easy to nod off during the day because I was so bloody tired! Very frustrating, but it did get better, and I'm sleeping much easier now. I do still wake up in the night but go straight back to sleep so don't worry, it does get better!

Im shattered all the time but was awake for half the night for no reason what so ever, lol. Was able to have a lie in though.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back