Can't sleep :(

Kirsty.Y.84

Reaction score
Is anyone else having trouble sleeping? I keep waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to get back to sleep :( I have been awake since 2, last night was awake from 3.30. Now I am just sitting on my sofa ( can't bear to lay in bed any longer) in tears just wishing for the morning to come. I've never ever had sleep problems before, I don't think I could cope with this for the next 6 months.
Sorry for the miserable post just feeling a bit sorry for myself :(

hey! ive been getting this too! i just cant get comfortable in any position. and i keep feeling too hot under the covers, then too cold on top of them! just feel totally agitated all night long! then when i finally do sleep i have bad dreams that wake me up!
i got told its just all the changes to my body thats doing it and that it should settle in tri 2. so hopefully we will be sleeping soundly again in no time! x

Oh I hope do! Don't know how much more I can take it! I totally took being able to sleep for granted before this, and will appreciate it so much more when I finally start to sleep normally again! I start to dread going to bed wondering how the night will go, it's horrible!

guess our bodies are getting us used to the lack of sleep thats coming our way in 6/7 months ;) x

Yeah I'm so tired I could sleep all day but I'm finding it difficult to drop off, I can't seem to empty my head. I then have manic dreams and once I get up to go to bathroom I'm stuck awake for hours.

I can't sleep really starting to struggle and I thought it was just me. I'm tossing and turning all the time. I'm extremely frightened about scan on Monday so I think that's my problem at the minute xxx

I have actualy been sleeping much better since pregnant, BUT i do usually have loads of problems sleeping so i can offer a bit of advice for a new insomniac!

first of all, commiserations. it is truly rubbish not being able to sleep, i hate it , and it really is so stressful. The worse thing is how lonely it feels, and how long the night seems. But you can manage this problem, simply by finding ways to distract your brain from obsessing about 'getting to sleep'. I find that as soon as i stop worrying about getting to sleep, that's when i tend to fall asleep.

the best thing i have found is to listen to stories on tape/cd or on the radio. there are loads of things on bbc iplayer radio, soothing book at bedtime or people reading things. avoid things with loud music or too much drama and shouting. or get a book you really like or want to read on a CD with someone reading it, and let the voice read you a bedtime story like you're a kid again :)

i find that having something to listen to - which i can understand with my eyes closed - at least stops my mind whirring and stops me worrying about the fact i'm not sleeping.

and at least if you don't sleep you are listening to a good story or learning something informative!

TV doesn't work so good because if you're anything like me you have to keep opening your eyes to look at what's happening!

good luck!

Yeah I'm so tired I could sleep all day but I'm finding it difficult to drop off, I can't seem to empty my head. I then have manic dreams and once I get up to go to bathroom I'm stuck awake for hours.

Hehe I am exactly the same!! I am shattered all day lon then I go to bed and start thinking about a million and one things, fall asleep then wake up at around 4am to pee and then the who cycle starts again!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back