Inductions stories please?

Jolly81

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm due to be induced tomorrow and all I hear is horror stories about c sections, intervention, long and slow labours.

Does anyone have any positive stories as although I'm pleased the end is in sight I'm absolutely bricking it!!

Also, just some background- I've had one sweep already and I was 1cm dilated stretched to 2cm and my cervix was in the right place and has thinned out so the mw was convinced I'd go into labour naturally before tomorrow.

Oh hun, can't believe you haven't gone yet?

I reckon tonight for you LOL!!

I didn't have an induction, I had what is known as an augmented labour (I never got beyond 6cm as I was exhausted and dehydrated) so I was given the Syntocinon drip and I had my waters broken.

I was an usual case as I'd already been in labor for 40+ hours when they decided to help me along (36 at home, aprox 6 hours in the birthing centre)

Sadly with inductions you usually cannot be in the birthing centre, don't quote me on that though.

It felt like it went really quickly once they put me on the drip but it was still 8 hours or so until I delivered???

I loved the birthing centre but hated the actual labour ward (I was in my own room but we were on monitors and it was a much more 'medical' room)

I didn't have an epi, managed with G&A and one shot of diamorphine.

I pushed without any intervention and delivered with not a single cut or graze.

I was pretty shaken up about it all (it was a long few days and there were some medical issues - cannula came out twice, I was pushing when they had to refit it in my arm and I had to stay still whilst almost crowning!!) but within about a week I was fine and now I can't wait to do it all over again.

I know a lot of women that had positive induction experiences, I hope they make it to this thread to tell you.

Have a read of this hun http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/labour-birth/327745-induction.html

xxxx

I know tell me about it!! Hahah!! I feel much better about things because I know something will actually start happening tomorrow, even if it goes on for a couple of days.

I had I come to terms with the induction because I feel like I've failed a little bit, and I'm so worried about having to have a c-section because of the induction, but at the same time my stress levels have gone up worrying if he's still ok in there it doesn't seem worth waiting past the 42 weeks.

I'm high risk so I'll be on the delivery suite rather than midwife unit anyway which is fine. I just really don't want a c section and I'm a bit scared that by accepting the induction I'm bringing on a higher risk of that!!

It's so hard to make that decision. At least I still have all day today, tonight and tomorrow day for my body to crank it up a bit and get a shift on!!!!

Xxx

What will be will be hun and once little one is here it's all kind of forgotten.

It's very, very rare to have a really horrific experience but pretty common for it to not be an amazing experience iykwim?

I keep checking tri 3 for your labour thread LOL!

xxxxxxxxx

I had an induction - was great! I had an unfavourable cervix though. Had 3 pessaries... That was the worst part.
Waters were broken at 8pm I was 1.5cm.... I was then put in hormonal drip, had 1 morphine injection at 9pm, gas and air. Epidural at 10.30pm at midnight I was 9cm... An hour passed and at 1am I was 10cm... MW wanted me to relax but I wanted to push :-/ he was born at 2.38am. I had a few stitches. And was home at 3pm the next day! Have honestly had a worse hangover than how I felt after giving birth xxx

I know your prob induced already but my induction for me was fab! I'd take an induction next time if it were an option lol. I slept till 5cm then my waters broke and J was out 1hr 40m later. I was only pushing 11mins after I was classed as ready.

I was given the option of birthing pool if everything went smoothly which it did although by the time my waters went there was no time but providing you don't need a drip and bp and baby's hb is good.

Xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back