How long...

Danti

Reaction score
Hey ladies, hope you're all well! :)

I was just wondering, for you ladies who have had your lovely lo's, when you had your show (if you had one) roughly how long after did you go into labour?

I had my 2nd sweep yesterday, first being unsuccessful as she couldn't reach my cervix, and I started losing my plug last night and today it has got a lot thicker and more bloody so I'm assuming this is my show? Getting the odd cramp and back ache and lots of bh but nothing significant :/ also was 1cm dilated when I had it done.

Guess I'm just wanting to hear some sweep success stories as I'm really hoping to avoid being induced! So does it sound promising or am I just getting my hopes up? xx

I started losing mine 8 days before he was born - it was a gradual thing though not all in one go x

Thanks for the reply princess :) I'm not so sure mine is a gradual loss as I've had a fair amount today and its still coming (tmi sorry!)

Cramps and tightenings have gotten worse as well so fingers xd this is the start! Induction on friday if nothing before, hoping it won't come to that though :) xx

My first 2 I lost it all in one go a big jelly lump fell into the toilet sorry tmi, with my 3rd I also had a sweep and it was more gradual I had my sweep a wk before before my due date and started losing my plug and he was born 2 days before my due date, good luck it's always been the start of something for me

Yeah for the week whilst I was losing mine I was pretty much in slow labour anyway. Hopefully it's the start of things for you xx

I started losing mine about 8hours into labour :)

Think I got a sweep on a Wednesday I was 1cm dilated, was on and off the show then nothing but feelng more uncomfotable than before then on Sunday morning went into labour.

I didn't lose mine until my waters broke and then everything went, all over my carpet!

Last edited:
I never had a show! I lost tons of clear mucous all day on the Saturday, went into labour early hours of Sunday morning & had Jack on Monday night. If I had one during labour I didn't see it x

I lost bits of mine after my sweep on the Monday at 3:00pm. I then went into labour just after 5:30pm the same day and lost a big lump of plug in labour as it cam out in the bath. xx

I lost mine after a few good hours of labour, about 4 I think.

I've had my little girl! Gracie seren was born on the 28th at 9.57 pm. I did end up having to be induced on the friday, was in labour for 9 hours but only had to push for 17 minutes thanks to the amazing midwife who delivered her, she was like a drill sergeant!! I am smitten! :D thank you ladies xx

I never had a show or lost my plug. I thought my waters went but told it wasn't. A few hours later contractions started. 6 hours from start of contractions, Joshua was born.

Massive congrats!xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back