argh! spotting - tell me positive stories!

yarnwrangler

Reaction score
on friday and saturday i had some spotting - i went to the docs friday and she examined me, said my womb was the right size for my dates and my cervix was closed so things looked positive - i'm hoping it was breakthrough bleeding as i'm 8 weeks but we lost our first baby due to hydroanencephaly and i had spotting at exactly the same time so now i'm FREAKING OUT - midwife is coming tomorrow so i'm gonna have a chat with her about it but by gods i'm scared yet trying to be hopeful at the same time...

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

please please tell me positive stories about how you or someone you know had spotting and everything was ok cos i'm doing my own head in here...

I had a huge bleed at 8 and a half weeks with Santi. It was totally unexplained.
Hope your little bean is ok :hug:

lots of ppl have unexplained spotting. Some put it down to a slight period when your body forgets its pregnant.
Has long as your not in pain and it isnt heavy it should be fine :)

awww hun i had spotting around 10 weeks

then a masssssive bleed at 14 weeks, all was fine midwife put it down to 'one of those things'

stay positive, and as one of my mates reminded me some women have light periods throughout most of their pregnancies :hug: :hug: :hug:

I had spotting at about 6weeks.. and ive never had anything since.. im paranoid as this is my first pregnancy. so i did another pregnancy test like.. abotu 3 days ago.. and it still said pregnant.. i think i read on here that at 8 weeks it is possible to have spotting and it just be normal.. i would take great hope in the fact that the doctor told you that everything looked good =)

x x x

thanx girls - i just had a little more after nothing on sunday so its good to hear your tales of things being ok - i dont think i'd be so freaked out if it hadnt been for our first angel...

no cramps or anything and i'm still sick as a dog so that side of things is looking good - here's hoping i can go for a scan soon to put my mind at rest...

I know a few people who have had spotting, at least three women from work and they all had healthy pregnancies and healthy bubbas xx

Hi there!

I hope things have started to settle down for you today, I just wanted to add my positive story. I spotted early in this pregnancy for a week but eventually it slowed down and I've had nothing now at all. Like you, they never found a reason for it.

I know it can freak you out but I am doing fine with a wriggly baby who's letting me know all's well :D

Try not to worry! Easier said then done I know but things will work out!

xxxx

my aunty had awful problems concieving my cousin, she lost several babies early on, and when she fell pregnant with my cousin in all honesty i dont think any of the doctors expected her to go full term, she bled (very heavily at times) throughout all of the pregnancy

my cousin is now 9 years old, very bright, loves football and all things musical :cheer:

I had a bit of spotting one night and it freaked me out! Once all the blood was wiped away it didn't come back again. It was very light pinky blood just like the 1st day of your period and I realised that had I not been preggers I probably would have come on round about that time so I think that's all it was :D your cycle still carries on even when preggers.

At around the same time as you I started bleeding(bright red blood like a mini peiod) and was sent to the hospital in an ambulance after nearly fainting in the surgery.
Once there they checked my cervix which was closed then sent me for a scan which showed baby was ok.I really thort id lost baby but it just goes to show that a bleed even if a bit heavy does not mean mc.

All the best hun :hug: :hug:

It was really re-assuring to read these posts. I'm 7 weeks pregnant, and I've got spotting too, have had it for a few days now. Is anybody having brownish spotting, as opposed to fresh coloured blood? Does anybody know what that means?
I've tried asking my midwife but she didn't even tell me if it was common. I did have a scan and it was all fine, and i'm due to have another scan in a week, but I'm still worried, especially since my midwife would hardly talk to me, it's next to impossible to even get hold of her!

Thanks

Some people say brown spotting is old blood but I was reading it can also be just discharge goes brown due to hormones and means nothing, but always best to get it checked it out. xx

My nana had proper periods all the way through her pregnancy. Nightmare really, some women just bleed I guess - it could be their estrogen is stronger than other womens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back