Induction when overdue

Emmam1982

Reaction score
Out of curiosity does anyone know if the hospital can leave you longer than their policy states for induction?
I know my hospital is 14 days but my mw said it would be the Saturday (13 days) as I presume they don't routinely induce on a Sunday but I remember last time I had an induction booked that they were fully booked for the date needed so I had to take the next day but 5 years ago it was 10-14 days so gave a few days to play with.
If they try to book it for Saturday but it's full can they leave me till I'm 15 days over if I want inducing or will they have to try and fit me in earlier?

I'm really set on induction been on Saturday (ideally won't need it).

I think they're more likely to induce you earlier this
N later

I think its earlier these days if it falls on a day they r booked up or Sundays.

Mine was booked for 13 days too with my 1st as the 14th day fell on a sunday. But luckily arrive day 10!

They didnt induce my mum until day 17 with my brother!!!!!! Hes 22 now mind lol. But was born 11lb 3oz! Oooof! X

Last edited:
They can leave you - our areas policy is 12 days and I know a friend couldn't go in because they were full (natural labours rather than overbooked for induction) but she went naturally at 14 days then. If they haven't got the staff because of spontaneous births then they'll have to put you off, but I'd think you'd be prioritised over other inductions potentially - I doubt they'd "over book" those if you know what I mean??

I think they can delay induction if they have an influx of labouring women on your induction day, but I was told at my hospital that although they don't induce on a Saturday they would if it meant I would go over the 14 day policy. But luckily I went into labour a few hours before my induction lol xx

my hospital last time told me they induce every day of the week, but this time they said they only schedule C-sections mon-fri so idk if they would do inductions then too.

I'm going to ask my midwife on Monday-I'm praying its Sarah as it was her that did my sweep in my last pregnancy and although deemed unsuccessful I was in labour 24 hours later x

I was told by my midwife this week that you can refuse induction indefinitely, they will just advise that you have it done at a certain stage as per their policy. The one at my hospital varies between consultants, one is 10 days + overdue and one is 13 days +.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back