Date for induction

AliCat

Reaction score
After speaking to the midwives today I have been given a date for induction. It's next Tuesday 18th November, 10 days overdue! Not ideally what I wanted, but I can't be choosy and if this baby had her own way, she'd stay inside me indefinately!! :wall:
I just hope it goes OK coz I'm a bit concerned about the heart palpitations....

Hi Ali,

Did they do a sweep first or have they gone straight in with the induction? Although its not ideal at least you know a date for when you will meet your little one and can concentrate on that.

Try not to worry about the heart palpitations. I can imagine thats easier said than done but im sure you and your little one will be just fine!

Claire x

Hi Claire, no they haven't done a sweep. The midwife on the phone just said to me that I should be induced next week. I was seen by a midwife on Sat when I was full term exactly and she didn't do anything. Then I booked an appt to see midwives at surgery for next Monday as Mondays are the only days they have a clinic. I saw doctor on Mon coz I;ve just felt so down and depressed.
Let's hope I go into labour on my own instead of having to be induced.
It's also a nightmare at the moment too, because I have applied for a job within the company I work for, but to be transferred to their offices in Oxford. The guy who I may be working for wants to do an interview either next week or the week after. I prefer him to do it next week as my hubby will be home and can look after Isla, otherwise I'm a bit stuck as he'll be back at work the week after. At least I'm having my interview at home (strange) which does help me out a lot!

fingers crossed bubs will come before that then, dont worry about your heart palpitations i am having these and today was really bad, heart was racing like mad and i had hardly moved. I went to the doctors about this last week and he said it was totally normal i know its easier said than done to stop worrying but please try :hug: :hug:

good luck hun fingers crossed you go on your own before then xxxxxxxxxx

Hun I bet you will start labour on the Monday naturally!! :lol: Thats what I did twice! Went into labour the day before my app and had them on the day of the app!! :lol:

lea m said:
Hun I bet you will start labour on the Monday naturally!! :lol: Thats what I did twice! Went into labour the day before my app and had them on the day of the app!! :lol:

:rotfl: Similar thing happened to me!! I was in slow labour for a week and saw the consultant at the hospital who gave me a date to be induced. That night my waters broke! :lol:
And the day I should have gone in for induction, I was coming home with Amber! :rotfl:

You never know hun, it might happen like that for you, lets hope so! But at least if it doesn't you know that it won't be long before you meet your LO :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back