Induction Question!

ekaysulli

Reaction score
Alright, ladies! I need some advice/help!

Sorry to jump right in to this, but I am freaking out a little!

I am not due until August 13th. I will be 39 weeks this coming Monday (the 6th). My midwife is leaving town the 8th and has said that she wouldn't mind trying to induce me on the 6th.

I have had 3 babies prior to this one. I have had technically be induced each time. My water has never broken and I've always had to have pitocin.
The third birthing was the easiest because I was induced. They had me come in, in the morning, cyotec and then pitocin and baby! TAA DAA! No two day labor! YAY! (ps. this whole process went from about 8 am to 5 pm)

I'm all for being induced, it was my "best" labor. My problem is this: My widwife said they would try up to two doses of cyotec and if nothing really takes they may send me home.
I've read up a bit on this drug and frankly it scares me. I'm fine with them using it if they are going to carefully monitor me, but NOT at all if they are going to just send me home after a couple hours.
I don't want to just cancel the induction, because as I said, I prefered it, AND with her going out of town, it leaves me in the lurch with birthing options. I really dislike the other OB/GYN that practices with her office.
Any thoughts on what I should do?

***I feel I should add, I have had fairly large babies, the last one was 9lbs 6.4 oz.. The midwife feels this baby is one the large side as well :) ***

Last edited:
It's a bit tricky to help really as most of us on here are in the U.K, all I know about being induced is that my hospital wouldn't let me go home once they'd started applying the gels. I was allowed to walk around the hospital but was told not to leave the grounds at all, annoying because I really wanted a McDonalds and to sleep in my bed lol.

Good luck, hopefully someone will be around to give you more advice! Xx

I understand the Uk/US barrier, I'm not so much looking for medical advice as I am emotional support/advice!

This pregnancy has been super stressful and my hormones have been completely out of whack... so I guess I'm looking to see what other pregnant women might do in a similar situation!
Thanks for the reply!

Id go for it, fingers crossed it works.. If not surely they wouldnt be allowed to send u home if it was unsafe? X

Id go for it, fingers crossed it works.. If not surely they wouldnt be allowed to send u home if it was unsafe? X

That's what I am thinking too!
I had this exact same medicine when I was induce with my last baby! No complications and the best labour ever!
I think my emotions are just getting the better of me!
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back