Question about induction??

heartbroken

Reaction score
Hiya ladies, hope you dont mind me posting.. Ive not been on in a long time.. Im 37 weeks and suppose to be getting induced at 38 weeks due to loosing my 1st son to stillbirth at 36 weeks 18 months ago.. I was suppose to get my date yesterday and the doctor didnt give it to me because babys head down but not engaged he's 4/5, hes been like this last 4 weeks.. Does baby have to be engaged to be induced? Thanks x

Hi there, no baby does not have to be engaged, my lo wasn't although my induction failed which I was grateful for as I wanted a section which I got. Good luck hun :) x

I got induced early at 38 weeks because I am diabetic when pregnant and I was induced with my first and they never checked if he was engaged or not. My induction failed and I had a section so this time I am going for a section straight out no messing x

hi there... so sorry to hear about your 1st son.. must be a difficult time for you right now. Regarding induction i don't think babies head has to be engaged.

My advice regarding induction is just be prepared for it to take a while to work... i was induced with my first daughter when i was 7 days overdue.. it actually took 2 full days to get me dilating at all and then they broke my waters, put me on the drip and she was born 13 hours later at 10 days overdue (i went in to be induced on the thursday and she was born on the sunday). Although this might not be the case with everyone i had just never heard of it taking that long and nor had my family so they all worried etc!!

Although many people have terrible stories to tell about induction mine was absolutely fine and one of the best experiences of my life so try not to worry too much... i had an epidural and a "natural" (if it is still called that with induction!) delivery. Took just over an hour for the pushing stage.

Compared with the extremely fast and painful birth of my 2nd daughter I would choose a slow, controlled, induced labour again without a doubt!!!!

Why don't you check with your midwife and see if she can find out why they didn't give you a date? I hope you find out soon x x x

Thanks ladies, i was induced the first time at 36 weeks and im sure that my son wasnt engaged.. The doctor was rushing everyone i think she just wasnt botherd with me because she wasnt my consultant that i was suppose to be seein! Treeze im sorry you went through such a long labour i was induced with the drip and was in labour for 18 hours and pushed for an hour.. I got the epidural which was amazing will be getting it again hopefully.. Thanks again x

Hi Hun I was induced at 41+3 and the baby wasn't engaged , you hear a lot of horror story's about being induced but mine was great I went in at 8 in the morning and had a pessary inserted at around 9ish and they said it takes 24 hours to work, well for me it worked super fast I gave birth at 10.43 that evening. I used gas and air and had some diamorphine which I found amazing I also used the birthing ball. Xxxx

I was induced as well at 40 +12 and baby wasn't fully engaged

My pessary wet in around 10.30am my contractions started around 3pm and had my baby the following morning at 5.07am xx

ahw great to read the above positive induction stories... i find it amazing how differently it happens for everyone :)

Have you spoken to mw or found out anymore about a date yet? x x x

I was induced at 9 days over because my hind waters went but no contractions. However Campbell was NEVER engaged. He only went into my pelvis after my waters were popped and contractions started. xx

So sorry to hear about your first LO and wishing you all the luck in the world for this time hun- u r so brave!.........I was induced at 42 weeks and LO wasn't fully engaged.....again it took 3 days before I got my little boy but totally worth it! Wishing u all the very best and every happiness with your bubba xxx

i was induced 3 weeks early due to high blood pressure and the fact my hind waters went, i was taken into hospital on the thursday at 8pm with my hind waters was 1cm dilated right through the night was induced at 1pm on the friday still 1cm come 5pm i was 5cm and 10.15 i was 10cm and started to push and my lo was born at 11.13pm xx

I was induced at 38+5 and LO wasn't engaged. First pessary Monday afternoon, second Monday eve, had a normal night sleep then Tuesday morning they broke my waters and got me on the drip, had epidural shortly after and baby came that evening. Very positive experience! Best wishes with this birth x

I'm so sorry to hear about your son :hug: xxx

I was induced by gel, head was 4/5s engaged and when my waters went, moved down fully x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hey hun.. Really sorry to hear about your son xx

I was induced at 38 weeks due to GD and they didnt say it mattered if baby was engaged or not. I had a pessary inserted on the wednesday evening just to help me along a little as i was already borderline for getting waters broke and they broke my waters 3.30pm on the Thursday and was put on a drip, Contractions pretty much started straight away once the drip was up and i had my baby in my arms by 11.19pm the same night :) xx

Last edited:
Thank you all for your experiences an congrats on ur babies.. Well i had an app with my consultant this morning an booked me in to get induced with the gel so lying in hospital just after getting the first lot of gel.. Hopefully it works xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back