Postive induction

katie_lou

Reaction score
Hi all,

My amazing daughter ruby was born on the 24/01/2012. I was booked in for my induction on the 24/01 @ 8.00am as i was 12 days overdue. When I arrived at the hospital I was placed on a monitoring machine and one of the midwives explained they would insert a pessary which can take up to 24 hours to work.

When the pessary was inserted it was quite uncomfortable and I was advised to be as mobile as possible. Me and my OH decided to go for a walk.

at round 2.00 i started to get contractions and the midwives advised me to try and use the birthing ball, I ended up on this ball till just after 4.00pm and it did really help but eventually my contractions where getting more intense. I then decided to have a hot bath which to be honest was no help at all, I tried the birthing ball again and then asked the midwife for something for the pain but she told me to get in the bath again. Iwas annoyed at this point as I feel I know my own body and I knew I needed something to help ease the pain. Anyway I got another bath but as I got out the pessary they had inserted earlier came out along with a lot of discharge. My oh went to get the midwife and he was told to get me back on the bed in the ward and they would insert another pessary. When the 2nd pessary was inserted I asked for an injection of dimorpine which was amazing. I managed to get some sleep and I woke around 7.45 needing the toilet, I went the toilet and again the pessary come out with a lot of discharge,again OH went and got the midwife and she said she would not insert another as I s having regular contractions. She come to see how I was and I told her I had a pressure In my bum like I needed to poo and straight away she said I want to examin you.

When she examined me I was 9m dilated and was taken tote delivery suite this was around 8.05pm. Once in the delivery suite i got onto the bed on all fours and this helped take the pressure of my bum and back. Just over 2 hours later my daughter was born.

The pushing part was not as painful as I thought, to be honest I thought the contractions were the worst part.

I wanted to post this as you read so many horror story's about inductions I thought it would be nice to read a postive one.

Xxx

Glad to hear your induction was straightforward... Thanks for sharing! :) Congrats on the safe arrival of your baby girl! :)

Massive congrats hun!! Ur baby was born on my bday :cheer: I also had a good induction despite problems.. There can be great inductions an they shouldn't be feared x

Massive congrats hun!! Ur baby was born on my bday :cheer: I also had a good inductiono despite problems.. There can be great inductions an they shouldn't be feared x

I dreaded mine as I heared so many horror story's but it went really well. X

Great story and congrats on your little girl :) nice to hear a good induction story :) xx

That does sound like a really good one - Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing this, I'm being induced on Thursday at 39+2!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back