Induction of Labour - VBAC

Cherrycola

Reaction score
Hi
Wondering if anyone can tell me methods of induction that can be used when having a VBAC? Anyone got any experience of this?
Thanks x

hey hun

no experience of the induction side just yet!! but im being induced on fri and i have had a previous c-section, and 1 VBAC without induction, i only know there are a few more risks involved in induction after a c-section and that they will pretty much monitor me as much as possible until baby is born!! so if baby does not arrive before the induction i will be happy to share the details with you :) xx

A friend of mines just had a vbac and was told if she needed inducing, they'd pop a balloon type thing into her cervix and slowly inflate it! They try and stay away from drugs cos they can overstimulate the uterus xx

Thanks hun, will keep my fingers crossed that you go into labour naturally before then!

Do you mind me asking why they are inducing you on Friday?

thanx hun

its because i have problems with growth and have loads of scans etc, but this time around my waters have been up n down since 28 weeks so have been under consultant care all the way through this time :) he was gonna give me a sweep yesterday but decided to induce me on my due date instead not that i mind lol means i dont have to go over :) xxx

Just asking because I am also classed as being high risk and have also been told that they don't want me to go over term. My DD was born at 34 weeks due to severe pre eclampsia and she was very small for dates. This time I am on low dose aspirin throughout my pregnancy to try and prevent it happening again. Although no one has come out and said it directly yet the impression I get when I speak to my consultant is that it would be easier to have an elective section as induction is more complicated with a VBAC and it is quite likely I will need to be induced either just before, or at 40 weeks. I am still really keen to have a VBAC though. I will look forward to hearing how things go with you x

Just asking because I am also classed as being high risk and have also been told that they don't want me to go over term. My DD was born at 34 weeks due to severe pre eclampsia and she was very small for dates. This time I am on low dose aspirin throughout my pregnancy to try and prevent it happening again. Although no one has come out and said it directly yet the impression I get when I speak to my consultant is that it would be easier to have an elective section as induction is more complicated with a VBAC and it is quite likely I will need to be induced either just before, or at 40 weeks. I am still really keen to have a VBAC though. I will look forward to hearing how things go with you x

oh hun things might go ur way!! i think they try n scare you sometimes. i had a very succesful VBAC 2nd time around, and pregnancy was a lot less complicated than this one has been, but its still worrying!! im quite scared tbh as i was induced 1st time around and was in labour for 33 hrs when baby got distressed and i had emergency c-section :( im just praying things are a lot more simple and straight forward this time around and will let you know how i get on :) xxx

hey hunny

just to let you knw im about to post my birth story and it was absolutely fantastic and a complete success :) xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back