In laws grrr

Lacey's Mummy

Reaction score
My O/H grandma has just found out I'm pregnant and didn't word things very well! She said she's shocked and couldn't believe it when we said we were trying for this baby! She's very opinuated anyway but I thought she'd be happy but it took about 5 minutes before she forced a congrats out! I've just spent the last 10mins crying then thought if she can't be happy it's her loss! Why are in laws like that? My family are chuffed to bits!!

People like that are bitter for their own reasons - its nothing to reflect on you. Please don't take any notice huge :hug: I hate it when people are so horrible about someone else's complete joy!

OH's parents haven't once said congrats, they're not interested in anything to do with our baby so much so that I don't want them to have anything to do with the baby. I'm more angry than upset though. I can't stand them. Grr x x some people are like that, don't let it blot your happiness x

:hug: like you said, its her loss not yours. She has her own reasons for why she is so miserable, but dont let her drag you down hun xxx

Thank you! We have nothing to do with O/H's parents too! They've never wanted to know lacey so we don't intend to include them with this baby too but his grandma has been in laceys life and has been great but she always thinks we can't cope money wise even though we don't mention our financal situation! We're very comfortable, rent our house, o/h earns alot of money and I work part time but she still thinks because I dint work full time and we already have our daughter, we cant afford anything else! It's prob cos she's old and stuck in her ways but I do want an appology after this!

iv given up worrying about certain members of my family as long as your happy thats all that counts

Yep I put two fingers up to those who can't be happy for me! :)

Unforts my friends are like this i was told im a stupid little s~~t as im still young im 25! i really havent got time for people like that now. i wouldnt worry about it to much as when the baby arrivers friends and family will be intrested. keep ya chin up dont let them people see you upset.x

Its awful when people are so rude, someone i used to work with sent me a snotty message after i'd announced i was pregnant, and it really upset me. She was very jealous i think, but its hard not to let these things bother you. Its totally your grandma in laws problem though, not yours honey xx

Try not to let it get to you too much, old people are so stuck in their ways, and really don't think what is approriate to say and at what time. My nan is always saying things about money as well in regards to our wedding coming up and the baby. 'Well, you're not well off, are you? You can't do these things like other people, etc'

Um, thanks a bunch nan, we've got plenty in the bank actually!

First time round for me everyone was devestated as I was on my own and 21, but this time I'm settled with OH and 25. I still got the 'Oh, gosh, really? Well, Oh, crikey! Didn't see that one coming! So uuuuuuh, ummmm, well, I guess congratulations I suppose!'

For effs sake people, can't you just say congratulations straight away!

ppl can be nasty and its hard not to take notice.
A girl at work that i never really got on with found out i was pregnant and now everyone knows and also, for some reason they think my partner dont want to be involved? He is over the moon about us being a family..
i just try to think if ppl dont have anything better to do then being bitter and nasty then its there problem and i feel sorry for them.

Enjoy your pregnancy now :) x

aww don't let her get to you! just like everyone else has said, stuff them and enjoy your pregnancy! she's got her own reasons. it's hard to think that way at first and my initial reaction would've been the same as yours! the people who really matter will be around in the end so just think of it like that! i'm lucky and both sides of the family are kind of fighting over little Rileys arrival! it's hard work as i try to keep one side happy and the other miss out! eurgh :( lol. feel better hunni :) xxx

its a shame how some people have to have opinions on everything and cant just be happy! thats why im just enjoying it be me and my oh and a few select family members knowing at the moment, i like it being 'our thing' and having no one to spoil it! thats why its so refreshing on here everyone is just so supportive :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back