Implanon ?

Discussion in 'Am I Pregnant?' started by StephRalph, Feb 19, 2016.

1. StephRalph

StephRalph New Member

Hellooooo,

I have had implanon for 6 months now and never had a period since, so I guess it's working? However, I've recently had very tender breasts, no real appetite, white vaginal discharge, stomach ache in the upper stomach (like I've been doing sit-ups) and craving lemons?!

I've heard of people getting pregnant on implanon when it hasn't been inserted properly, but due to the fact that I can feel/see its in place, and I used to have regular periods and now have none, I'm assuming mines working?

So, could I possibly be pregnant or if not, what's wrong with me?! I've never felt like this before.

Thanks! :)

2. lillith112

lillith112 Well-Known Member

Hi, well first to rule the possibility out I would do a pregnancy test, if it's negative it could be a shift in hormone levels, see your Doctor if your worried about your symptoms. Let us know how you get on. x

3. Cherrybelly

Cherrybelly Well-Known Member

Implanon can give a lot of pregnancy symptoms, so I'd imagine that's what it is. Do a test to rule it out, but I'd imagine it's just the implant x

4. russellmuscle

russellmuscle Well-Known Member

I had the implant for 5year and honestly the amount of hormonal symptoms I got from it was ridiculous. Can take a while to bleed, my periods left for a while.

The implanon works by releasing a hormone into your system slowly.. Thats why its easy to get alot of hormonal changes and feel weird.

Could test I guess, but it will no doubt be the implant.

I gained huge weight with that. Skin was awful, mood and sex drive was shit, cervical mucus disappeared. Id never get it back in.

Xxxx