Implanon Implant and Pregnancy

mrs_c

Reaction score
Morning ladies

Just wondered if anyone has ha the Implanon implant and how long it took to get pregnant after having it removed?

I had mine removed in June after having it in for nearly 3 years.

We have been trying since and this month I felt sure something had happened....tested this morning and was negative (period due today but not arrived).

I've been have bad wind, cramps in lower abdomen, stuffy nose, headaches, tired, moody, back ache, strange taste in mouth....thought these could be signs

Feel quite down about it now :-(

The docs told me that it takes 3-6 months for the contraceptive to leave the body but I really don't want to keep waiting.

Please help put my mind at rest and that hopefully I'll concieve soooooon!!

xxx

Good luck to all the other testers out there xx

Hi Sorry dont know to much about it but my friend has just had it removed and was told the same as you (that it takes approx 3 months to leave the body) BUT I have read a lot of stories on the internet of ppl getting pregnant in there 1st or 2nd month after having it removed so FX :) x

I went on the patch, so no experience with implant. I got caught on 2nd month after not putting it on. I think it just depends on which one your using and how your body copes with it x

When coming off the pill I was told the hormones would clear within 24 hours. It's hard to tell. You aren't out til AF arrives xx

I have no idea hun, but have my fx for u.

Michelle. x

I had mine taken out this year in june/july. Still ttc. my body took a few months to get back to normal, one month i had quite a few symptoms. But it was just the effects of having the implanon removed. I researched on the web and found some people conceived a month or so after removal. And for others it took 6 months +
Fingers crossed for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back