Impatient!!

Bek234

Reaction score
I'm getting so impatient this past week or so! Everyday that goes by, I'm counting it down and hoping baby comes early! :(
I know I shouldn't rush it but I'm so fed up now and just want my baby! I'm bored too! (Bet ill be wishing I had time to get bored when she's actually here lol)
I've noticed my bump has dropped quite a lot and I know this always happens and isn't an indication that ill go early but I'm hoping that it is! I'm always checking for plug and 'waiting' when I get the odd aches/Period type pains....
I'm only 35 wks!! What if I go over :( chances are I probably will!

I Can't be the only one feeling like this so early??

Xx

Tapatalking. X

You really want to have a baby 37 weeks plus. At 35 weeks the baby could still have immature lungs or problems controlling blood sugars or temperature. I know it is frustrating but you need to be patient and cook the lo for longer.

Im with u Bek.. im really impatient lol xx

I think at this point everyone is just getting fed up and wants their little bundle, although I want it perfectly cooked :)

I'm feeling that impatient and I'm only 28+4!! Pregnancy really does try the impatient people!!

Aslong as hes ready and healthy then yeah i want him now haha xx

I can hand on heart say that I felt the same way when I got to 37 weeks...I couldn't wait to meet my little bundle and tried every remedy known to man to get him out early...he actually arrived on his EDD.

However!!!!! I now wish I had made more time to pamper myself in those last few weeks - getting a pedicure / manicure / my hair done / slept more etc etc.

Whilst I can totally empathise with your feelings - please, please, please make the most of the time you have left with your gorgeous bumps!! I really miss not having J tucked away all safe and sound...and quiet lol! :) xxx

I can hand on heart say that I felt the same way when I got to 37 weeks...I couldn't wait to meet my little bundle and tried every remedy known to man to get him out early...he actually arrived on his EDD.

However!!!!! I now wish I had made more time to pamper myself in those last few weeks - getting a pedicure / manicure / my hair done / slept more etc etc.

Whilst I can totally empathise with your feelings - please, please, please make the most of the time you have left with your gorgeous bumps!! I really miss not having J tucked away all safe and sound...and quiet lol! :) xxx

Aww I know I'll probably feel the same and wish I could go back to now for a day etc. but at the min... I'm hoping she comes bang on 37 wks! Lol

xx

Tapatalking. X

Ps... Chezza ur profile pic is soooo cute! Xx

Tapatalking. X

I'm feeling sort of weird about it all now. I really want her here, but I know we need to get to 37weeks really, just to be sure!! On the othdd hand I'm really enjoying having some time with hubby while he's on half term and just spending some time sorting things and enjoying having time to do other things for now. Got lots going on this week and baby shower next weekend, so plenty to keep me preoccupiex but there's still that little niggle that I want to get on with it n get her here!! Although I'm also now hoping she holds on til we've got our antenatal classes out the way after hubby having panics last night! He's said all the way through that "nothing can prepare me for this" and hasn't done a lot but in the last few weeks he's suddenly sprung into action readding up on all sorts and watching programs n videos and now he realises there is so much more to it!! Bonus for me cos he's helping out more at last and treating me left right and centre lol

I was exactly the same with my first. I hit 37 weeks and kept thinking 'anytime now'. I felt dreadful too :( I had terrible SPD and couldn't get up and down kerbs properly. My house was immaculate, my bags were packed, the nursery was complete, I had baked a million cakes, I had cooked meals for the freezer etc and ended up being a week overdue.

I was so over it that I took castor oil :blush: and evicted her myself. It bloody worked but I'm definitely not going to do it again. It's probably not related at all but I had a long labour and failed to progress. I was transferred from the Birth Centre to the main hospital and ended up with a spinal block ready for an emergency c-section. Thankfully, she came out with forceps. As I say, It's probably not related at all, but I can't help feeling that my experience would have been different if I'd been a bit more patient and let her come when she was good and ready.

I'm now 38 weeks and preparing myself to go overdue again...I'll be really shocked if I go early to be honest!
Try and plan to do something for yourself every day - a manicure, pedicure, a nap, bake a delicious cake, go for a coffee and watch the world go by, meet a friend, go for a swim etc. I know it doesn't sound much, but having things planned really helps.

At the moment I have Mon-Wed to myself as I've kept my DD in daycare for now so I take full advantage of it!
I have done/going to do things like go to the dentist, get hair done, do some hypnobirthing prep, read my book, antenatal water aerobics, hang out at the hydrotherapy pool to try and get my posterior baby to shift ;) etc.

Enjoy the rest of your time as much as possible :)

Yes huni I'm getting impatient now, altho it does seem to be flying. I'm 34 weeks on Thursday and my last shift is the week after, and little one will be at nursery most days so i know I'm going to be so bored! On one hand I can't wait to just break up, but at the same time I find working makes the days go quicker. I went 9 days over with my little boy, and the lat 3 weeks really did drag, and everyone constantly asked "is he here yet" and it drove me mad!
This time I'm going to try and plan things to do, just to pass the days!
Making meals to freeze are a good thing to do as when baby is here you have a stack of meals ready to go without the need to be cooking all day with a newborn .

I still don't really feel ready tho, everything is about sorted, just got the hospital bag to pack but I'm trying to delay that so I can do it when I'm off. Really hoping I don't go over this time tho, 37 weeks and I am more than ready!!!! X

Last week I was very impatient for Lo to be here, kept thinking I was in early labour etc. However yesterday I started with a horrible cold and overnight I was up with sickness and diaorrhea all night and then dd woke at 4.30am prob due to all the noise I made and hasn't gone back to sleep yet so I'm thinking stay in there baby til we are all well again and a little more rested LOL. We are off on a mini break this weekend so hopefully that'll be nice and when I get back I'll be nearly 37weeks! Then only 4 more shifts at work!

I'm getting really impatient too now. Id say that since i finished up work (at 36 weeks) I feel like iv just been waiting for baby to come. Kinda wish id worked a bit longer. I know i should be enjoying this time, an relaxing as much as i can, but im just finding myself all anxious and worried and impatient!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back