midwife appointment

SarahJJ

Reaction score
Had an appointment earlier with the midwife. She said I'm measuring 34 weeks, when I thought I was 33, which I am taking as a bit of a bonus! Has this happened to anyone else? It's my 3rd and I'm hoping it comes a bit early just coz I'm impatient, so I feel like I've chalked off another week in one day!
:dance:

Hi

seems to be quite common... baby roo and lmasrzall have posted similar in the last week.

TB

Fab news so a week less then you thought till you meet your little person!

I think the measurements if done by hand / tape measure are quite unreliable. Of course I understand you wanting to be a week ahead (so do I!) but I don't think it's that accurate unless it's a scan measurement.
:( Shame really.

Hi

Seems to be happening to alot of us, guess we wont know till the end how accurate it is
Katrina

Hapened to me too, went for midwife appointment last week and she said I was measuring 2 weeks ahead. Not paying too much attention as it can't be that accurate!!

:D :D :D

Nikki x

Hiya,

My bump measurements have generally been 2cm ahead, it is just a rough guide that the cm correlate to your number of weeks. Of course everyone is different and it doesn't account for what is baby, fluid or just fat, lol!

The only way to tell is by a scan and in my scan baby's head and abdomen were measuring 40 weeks when i was 36 weeks.

I think they just keep an eye on bump size incase there are any sudden growth spurts or if growing slows or stops.

Lau
xxxxxx

Agree with you sabrina, the only way to know proeprly is too have a growth scan and all measurments done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back