Baby staying put :(

BUGGY82

Reaction score
Had my 39 wk check up today and baby seems to have grown 4.5cm in 2 wks!! I don't see how that's possible, plus it was a different midwife and she seemed to measure lower in the public region than the others. Anyway that puts me at 39.5 wks.
She didn't think baby was engaged at all where as at my last appointment the MW said he had started to... Can he have reversed??
She didn't think baby would come early and neither did my acupuncturist so it looks like I'm probably going to go overdue. I wouldn't mind but I'm getting so impatient & have nothing to do! :wall2:

When you last saw the MW did she tell you how far down the baby was? When my one first started to engage the MW told me he was 2/5 engaged and said at this stage he would not be able to move again. If he wasn't very far down he could have moved again??

Oh, hun, I wouldn't worry too much about measurements and engagement of the head etc. It varies so much between different women that it's not worth putting too much emphasis on things like that. I am just like you - getting impatient even though due date isn't until next week. I also have a feeling I'll be overdue, so I'm just trying to go with it now. I think that all these things that people do to try and trigger labour don't really work - your body will hopefully know when it's time. As for things to do... I'm running out of things too!

Have you had any signs that LO might be coming soon?

Hang on in there! xxx

No MW didn't say how far engaged he was but as he was measuring 35cms at 37 wks & was head down she said he was probably engaging.
I've had Braxton Hicks pretty much consistently for 2 wks but not painful & woke up today with back ache, they're my only signs. I think I'm just going to have to accept he'll be late, think he's waiting for OH's birthday which is 2 days after due date lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back