Im so unsure - is it just me?

K&A

Reaction score
Hiya Girls,

35 weeks today.. :dance:

I just cant stop thinking about labour.. silly things really..

like.. How will i know its contractions and not BH?
How will i know whether its worth calling the hospital?
What are the definate signs of labour?
What will happen first.. contractions? loss of plug? waters breaking?
Is there a specific order that it happens in?

Are these all silly questions or do other people feel the same?

HELP!! :wall2:

Kylie xxx

not just you, i dont know anything but trust my body will tell me when its time! im sure the other girls can help :)

Honestly, it's hard to describe how you know, you just know!

With DD I had contractions, then my show and then the mw's broke my water.

Contractions are regular, braxton hicks are not. Contractions hurt, bh don't.

I'm actually more concerned about how to time my contractions as I never did with DD!

lol i had such a pain last night it scared me but then it didnt happen again.. i thought wow if that hurt then im gonna be a wimp when it comes to labour hehe x

This is my experience from having Lace, i know all labours are different though but hopefully it'll help...

I've never had Bh but your know what contractions are cos they bloody hurt! Imagine period pains but 100times worse! lol
I called the hospital when the contractions were coming every 5mins and were unbearable.
I lost my plug 2 weeks before i went into labour, then my contractions started, went to hospital and they had to brake my waters

x x

This is my experience from having Lace, i know all labours are different though but hopefully it'll help...

I've never had Bh but your know what contractions are cos they bloody hurt! Imagine period pains but 100times worse! lol
I called the hospital when the contractions were coming every 5mins and were unbearable.
I lost my plug 2 weeks before i went into labour, then my contractions started, went to hospital and they had to brake my waters

x x

thank u, that does help, its nice to hear other experiences.. kind of sets a guideline, even if it doesnt happen the exact same way x

like laceys mum said all labours are different!!

with my 1ST i had a show a week before, painful period pains in the day then waters broke (big gush) that evening and then the contractions started getting stronger and closer together thats when i went to hospital

with my 2ND had NO show, NO waters breaking just starting getting strong pains and started timing them untill they were close together and stronger

so even tho i have done this before kylie its still going to be new to me!!!

your be fine lovely your body will tell you xxxx

thanks Lou, wow yours were completley different.. how mad!! i cant wait x

I think it's true that 'you just know'. Sometimes you get signs like waters breaking, sometimes a show or just contractions. You know your body more than anyone and if you feel like eveythings getting a bit too much then go in..the worst they can do is send you home.

Emma, was your second labour quicker than your first?? I've got this little hope that ill have a quick labour as lacey was only 6 hours from first little niggle to pushing her out and all the mw's are like ooh this one will be quick then but now im worried it'll be slower!!!

My first from a show to having him I reckon was about 2hrs 15mins? (I got to the hospital and had him within 1hr 50 mins, so I'm guessing travel time on top etc)
My 2nd from waters breaking to having him was exactly 4 hours!

I do reckon I was in slow labour all week with my first but established labour was slower with my 2nd. Weird eh?

good thread, labour scares the cr*p out of me and i like to read things like this to know what to expect :D x

My first from a show to having him I reckon was about 2hrs 15mins? (I got to the hospital and had him within 1hr 50 mins, so I'm guessing travel time on top etc)
My 2nd from waters breaking to having him was exactly 4 hours!

I do reckon I was in slow labour all week with my first but established labour was slower with my 2nd. Weird eh?

Oh im really hoping mines quicker :( Still 4 hours is quick!!!

Absolutely! I still had time to go home, ( i was on my mothers loo when they went lol) have a shower and tidy up before my pains started and we went in. So at midnight I went in..5cms and had him at 2am! Perfect really!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back